Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM tried to pick the kids up from school today.. we are glad they follow the CO

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

BM is not happy that this year DH has the kids for Thanksgiving. They switch every year but I guess this year is the year her family is having a big reunion. She didnt let us know until after we already finalized our plans.  We are going out of town. The tickets and hotel were already booked. We are seeing a bunch of family that we dont normally see anyway 

The kids were supposed to go to school today and then we were going to leave for the airport just after they got out of school

DH got a call saying that BM had tried to pick them up but they would not release the kids to her. The CO is very clear on dates and we are so glad they looked at it

It is clear that she was trying to pick us up knowing she would ruin our plans. DH is pissed. He was going to call her but I told him he should just cool down and not let this ruin any part of our trip. He could talk it out with her when we get back. 

I really just cant believe she would try to pull that. I am just thankful the school took the time to make sure she was supposed to have the kids. I know they are supposed to check it when there is a CO involved and it is good to know that they do. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't say anything to her. Have a nice trip.
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:06 PM
Quoting WickedPissah: I wouldn't say anything to her. Have a nice trip.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:07 PM

Lucky! I have full custody of my kids and I was told if my ex tried to pick them up from school they couldn't do anything except stall and let me know, because he's on their birth certificate.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:08 PM
4 moms liked this
It’s so sad that children are treated as leverage in a battle of idiots....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this

We cant control what BM does. Planning a trip on DHs time isnt using them as leverage on our part. 

Quoting Dzyre1115: It’s so sad that children are treated as leverage in a battle of idiots....

littleleesa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:52 PM

Yeah, we had a VERY specific CO too. DH and I had 100% custody and she had them EOW (ONLY...no school breaks, Summer vaca, etc...she is a druggie still sadly) and had to pick them up from us at 6pm on Fri. and return them by 6pm Sun. no exceptions. She did try a few times, but was stopped in her drugged out tracks. I was friends with all the teachers and good friends with their priciple and the Superintendent of their school district. I did a lot of volunteering one year when I was out for 6 months with a back injury and then for 2 more years when I stayed home for 3 years w/their little brother.

hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:57 PM

What if there's an order of protection?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Lucky! I have full custody of my kids and I was told if my ex tried to pick them up from school they couldn't do anything except stall and let me know, because he's on their birth certificate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:59 PM

I'm sure that would be different.

Quoting hotspice58:

What if there's an order of protection?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 17, 2017 at 5:00 PM

Quoting WickedPissah: I wouldn't say anything to her. Have a nice trip.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Are the kids going to be able to see BM's family members at all (attend any part of the reunion)? BM should have let your dh know in advance and your dh should have tried to make it so BM could at least have her family members for the reunion see the kids if possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)