Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg! MIL and FIL....

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:11 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

They just showed up out of the blue and offered to take our kids out to dinner! They stayed and chatted for a bit then off they went, happy grandkids in tow.

Anyone else have awesome in-laws who love to do things 'just because'?

by on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkdaisy8864
by GlitterMomfia on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! What will you do with your adult time?

Yes, my in-laws are the shit.

Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:13 PM
No. We're lucky that my fils assistant is in charge of getting them birthday gifts or not even that would happen.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:14 PM
My in laws were dead by the time my younger children came along .... my oldest was six months when my mother in law died and seven when my father in law died.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:14 PM
My inlaws. It takes a little planning on our parts but they are that awesome as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM

i hope you realize how lucky you are. you sound like you know this. me and dh do not have this but we hope to do this for our own kids some day when we hopefully become grandparents :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:18 PM
Our inlaws live 8 hours away, so there’s no stopping by to do nice things.
LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:18 PM

They used to, then my MIL found another man, divorced my FIL. Now FIL hardly comes around anymore, even when we call him and beg him. My MIL will be adopting our 2 yr old Cousin next Tuesday so she hardly has time for her Grandkids and we take my Cousin every other weekend so she gets some free time.

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:19 PM
No I have in-laws who summon us to holidays and if we're lucky we get a week's notice usually not even. And if we ask beforehand they will always tell us they don't know. I don't even know why we even bother, but dh has this sense of "we have to"
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:20 PM
No I have in-laws who summon us to holidays and if we're lucky we get a week's notice usually not even. And if we ask beforehand they will always tell us they don't know. I don't even know why we even bother, but dh has this sense of "we have to"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:22 PM
Nope. My FIL has never had any interest in my kids.

My MIL has my kids fairly often, but she's disabled, so we have to plan and take them there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)