Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

I am throwing my DD a birthday party and if I invite my sister(DD's aunt) then I can't invite my niece(DD's cousin). 

Backstory:

I think it was in 2013 that my sister had her 3rd baby. She told the hospital that she didn't have water. They gave her 3 days to either; a.) get the water back on or B.) find another place to live. She couldn't do either and the hospital decided to call CPS and that is when it all started. Her 2nd baby was already with her father so she was safe. Her oldest child got taken and later found out she had frog warts down on her vagina. I wished I could of taken her in but I can't. All CPS had her to do is, get in GED, get her own place, keep it and go to parenting classes. I was in the same boat a year before but got my kids back 8 months or so after they was taken. Anyways, about a year later, she skipped visit and stop doing what she needed to do. She had another baby and when this one was about 8-9 months, her husband found her and he told her either go with him or he will go after CS. She was packing her and her DD up but her husband said the baby isn't part of the package. She abandoned her in a shelter and she has not guilt of that. The father of the baby was in the shelter and I didn't understand why she wouldn't call him and tell him to come get his child. So, the shelter calls the police and the police puts the baby in protective custody until court. When court approached, my sister, her husband and the father of the baby was there. My aunt who has her oldest is there as well just in case the baby had to be put into the system. My aunt told me that her husband slammed his cane down, and told her she will sign her right up just like she did with her oldest. They go in court and she signs her rights up, when I heard about this I was pissed. The father of the child got the baby within an hour after court. He called me and told me that if I want to see my niece let him know. I was there for him through everything, he asked me to take them to KC to live and I did so. 

Now, her oldest is adopted by my aunt and she is doing great. The thing is, if I invite my sister to the birthday party than I can't invite my niece. My aunt said that she doesn't want anything to do with my sister and her fulishness. My sister did this on her own but I don't know what to do. I want my niece there but feel bad because my sister can't be there. I don't like what my sister did, but does that mean when I throw a birthday party to disinclude her?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Um...yes, it does. Your niece did nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to be punished. Auntie made her own bed and can lay in it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:57 PM
Your sister is a POS. That's all I got.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Frog warts on her vagina? Wtf did I just read?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM

You mean my sister made her bed and can lay in it? My aunt adopted her after 4 years of fostering.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Um...yes, it does. Your niece did nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to be punished. Auntie made her own bed and can lay in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Good god pls be a troll. This is nasty. 

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Seems pretty easy to me.

Sister made her mess, and a consequence of that is not getting invited to family events.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM

I wish but it is true, damn true. How is it nasty?

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I shouldn't of said nasty, I meant sad. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I wish but it is true, damn true. How is it nasty?

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:01 AM
Sure, yes. I got the 2 swapped. Regardless, the child is innocent.

Honestly, I'd completely disown any family member willing to neglect and abandon children.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

You mean my sister made her bed and can lay in it? My aunt adopted her after 4 years of fostering.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Um...yes, it does. Your niece did nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to be punished. Auntie made her own bed and can lay in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:01 AM

I am leaning on telling my sister she will be able to give her a present when everyone else leaves. On Sunday there is a family thing and she isn't invited. My mom says that is wrong and they shouldn't do that. She made a mistake blah blah blah. I don't talk to my mom or sister much but when I do it is just urgh.

Quoting luckysevenwow: Seems pretty easy to me. Sister made her mess, and a consequence of that is not getting invited to family events.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)