Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So glad we decided to go to Chicago for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
Can't wait till Tuesday. We are leaving for Chicago. Going to look for a place to live and hopefully get a chance to check out a school. This coming January we might be moving there permanently.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:15 AM
Hope there will be no snow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:16 AM
Snow sucks, but I better get use to it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you checking out the actual city or the suburbs?
Whatever you do stay away from Chicago public schools. Go private if you’re living in the city.

As far as suburbs, the NORTHWEST burbs are nice. Some of the Western burbs are pretty good too. McHenry County (far NW) has some good districts. Schaumburg and Elk Grove (NW Cook County) are pricy but have really good school districts too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:17 AM
What part of town? Are they saying its supposed to snow next week?
mrsmom110
by NO on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Chicago is on my bucket list of places to visit.  Hope you find a place you like.  Where will you be moving from since you said you'll have to get used to the snow?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:19 AM
My hubs mentioned Lambard area and she will go to a private school.
Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you checking out the actual city or the suburbs?
Whatever you do stay away from Chicago public schools. Go private if you’re living in the city.

As far as suburbs, the NORTHWEST burbs are nice. Some of the Western burbs are pretty good too. McHenry County (far NW) has some good districts. Schaumburg and Elk Grove (NW Cook County) are pricy but have really good school districts too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:19 AM

My cousin moved to Chicago in January from the deep South. She did not bring the proper gear and she said it was the coldest winter of her entire life. She could never figure out the proper layering to keep warm outside.  She has since moved back home and still talks about that ungodly cold weather. 

KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:19 AM
You won’t see snow most likely. Our forecast for next week is sunny and 40s. It’s just cold. It’s rainy now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:20 AM
I haven't checked the weather yet. I have no idea if it's supposed to snow or what.
Quoting Anonymous 3: What part of town? Are they saying its supposed to snow next week?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:20 AM
Oh Lombard. That’s a western burb. I have family there. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: My hubs mentioned Lambard area and she will go to a private school.
Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you checking out the actual city or the suburbs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)