Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SIL says we stole her thunder and I better not show my face at thanksgiving

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies

I just made it to my second trimester. We decided we felt safe announcing I am pregnant now. I had a miscarriage last year and was worried it would happen again. So far everything is looking good

I told my parents first and they were excited. Then we told DHs parents. Then we told our siblings. We told them all they could share the news if they want

I guess SIL found on facebook when MIL made a post about how we are expecting her first grandchild and that she is excited. 

A little bit later SIL called me up asking what the hell my problem was. I asked her what she was talking about. She said she was planing on doing a big reveal at thanksgiving and now she cant because I messed it up for her. I told her I was sorry she felt that way but obviously I didnt know she was pregnant so it wasnt like I tried to ruin anything for her. She said I should have known because she told DH she had a surprise... like somehow we would know exactly what that means. 

Then she told me that I better not show my face at thanksgiving dinner or "we would have problems". Well we are going anyway. She isnt the one who is hosting, my MIL is and she wants us there. 

I would say it is just pregnancy hormones making her act crazy but she does this way too much. 

I refuse to let her ruin my mood or my Thanksgiving. The whole world doesnt revolve around her and it isnt like she cant still announce it. Everyone will be just as excited for her also. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM
I would laugh at her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM
6 moms liked this
Go up to her on thanksgiving and say, guess what, I showed my face. Now what?

Because no one tells me what to do. No one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:44 AM
10 moms liked this
Are people really this nuts IRL? I think I'll go back to my fort and coloring books now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this
When people tell me not to show my face, it becomes the moment that I show my ass.
To hell with her!
septembr
by Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:44 AM
Congratulations! I’d go anyways.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:45 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope Thanksgiving is drama free for you.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:45 AM
7 moms liked this
I'd not only go, but I'd replace all of the pictures in the house with picture of my face.
Maybe bring some extra. Just in case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm Henry the 8th I am.....

Second verse, same as the first.  

Recycled post.  

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
That is fucking funny

Quoting AngryBob: I'd not only go, but I'd replace all of the pictures in the house with picture of my face.
Maybe bring some extra. Just in case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

DH said I should get some professional head shot pictures taken and give them to her for Christmas lol 

Quoting AngryBob: I'd not only go, but I'd replace all of the pictures in the house with picture of my face. Maybe bring some extra. Just in case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)