Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got some good news I guess

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:52 PM
  • 131 Replies
Or at least that’s how I’m looking at it, I’m refusing to be pessimistic about this.

So my dad has non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, last year the cancer moved into his blood and bones. Had treatment to get rid of that, gods was that brutal; for everyone involved mostly my poor dad. We thought everything was good, until a couple of weeks ago his lymph nodes swelled up really bad.

It’s actually something that is to be expected, but we worried the cancer he had last year was back. Nope it’s the other cancer that has decided to rear it’s ugly head. So he is back in treatment, his last one is in December. His dr had been after him to do this bone marrow treatment idk what it’s called or even all the logistics of it.

Supposedly it will keep it in remission, and I hope that’s the case. So I’m refusing to be pessimistic, but in truth, my confession; my fear is I’m going to lose my dad sooner rather than later. I want to fall apart so bad, I want to crawl in his lap like I did when I was a kid and just cry.

But he needs me to be strong, and after everything that man has done for me, I owe him that. I just needed to get that off my chest, I needed to tell someone that isn’t family, so thanks for that.
by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:53 PM
8 moms liked this
Fuck cancer
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:55 PM
Has anyone ever been through this? The bone marrow thing I mean, if so could you explain it to me.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I am so sorry.  I wish there was more I could say.

JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:16 PM
Thank you, unfortunately when it comes to this there really isn’t much you can say.

Quoting Tinse:

I am so sorry.  I wish there was more I could say.

ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:40 PM

Damn, I'm so sorry. 

My dad had liver cancer, but they couldn't take it out due to extreme cirrhosis. (He was a major alcoholic.) 

Fuck cancer of any kind. (I too, have had it.)

JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww damn I’m sorry to hear about both you and your father, my dad is in the same boat. Sort of they can only remove the lymph nodes and not always at that.

I wholeheartedly agree fuck cancer, I wish there was a way to cure this crap.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Damn, I'm so sorry. 

My dad had liver cancer, but they couldn't take it out due to extreme cirrhosis. (He was a major alcoholic.) 

ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Nov. 18, 2017 at 8:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Honestly, I think there is but drug companies, doctors and insurance companies make too much money off of us. I think they have the ability to cure it with marijuana. Or at least delay it. 

Quoting JDMlover: Aww damn I’m sorry to hear about both you and your father, my dad is in the same boat. Sort of they can only remove the lymph nodes and not always at that. I wholeheartedly agree fuck cancer, I wish there was a way to cure this crap.
Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Damn, I'm so sorry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 8:24 PM

im so sorry

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 8:25 PM
I'm sorry
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Nov. 18, 2017 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My thoughts exactly, every day they are making strides with marijuana. I wouldn’t be surprised if one day it was connected to a cure in some form. If only they would federally make it legal so it can be tested.

My dad has the ability to do medical marijuana, but he is hardcore ex-army so he never would. No matter how many times I try and talk him into the stubborn man, but he wouldn’t be my dad if he wasn’t stubborn.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Honestly, I think there is but drug companies, doctors and insurance companies make too much money off of us. I think they have the ability to cure it with marijuana. Or at least delay it. 

Quoting JDMlover: Aww damn I’m sorry to hear about both you and your father, my dad is in the same boat. Sort of they can only remove the lymph nodes and not always at that.

I wholeheartedly agree fuck cancer, I wish there was a way to cure this crap.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Damn, I'm so sorry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)