Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not going to pull the kids out of school on Thanksgiving just because you want to skype them.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My MIL is hosting a big thanksgiving dinner. We dont have Thanksgiving here and when she is having dinner is just a normal Friday for us. 

She wants me to pull the kids out of school or not even send them in so that she can skype with them and so can some of the other family members. I told her we could do it before school or after but she said that wont work. She is really not happy about all of this

I mean if the kids didnt have anything going on they would be happy to skype with everyone but they have school. It is almost the end of the school year and everything is important right now. We are also going to see her during summer break in a few weeks 

She actually called DH and cried about how mean I am. He told her the same thing I told her and that neither of us are being mean

What about the holidays makes some people crazy? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:04 PM
Ridiculous people with their requests and demands like your MIL is making.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That is weird .
We all live in the USA and my grandson is only 2 but I can't imagine ever asking my son or daughter in law to have him skip school when he is older for what is essentially a phone call . Currently when I want to see them all , we plan for that hour or two that is open between when my son gets home from work and my grandson's bedtime for a FaceTime call .
Just weird on her part .
Sheila79
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 2:17 PM
They're more selfish and lack common sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:05 PM
What is the time difference? It seems weird to me that your kids would be in school at the same time as a Thanksgiving dinner...and you said “Friday”...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:07 PM
That's nuts.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:09 PM
We have several members who live in AU and NZ

Quoting Anonymous 3: What is the time difference? It seems weird to me that your kids would be in school at the same time as a Thanksgiving dinner...and you said “Friday”...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM

19 hours I'm pretty sure

4 pm Thanksgiving is 11am on Friday here 

Quoting Anonymous 3: What is the time difference? It seems weird to me that your kids would be in school at the same time as a Thanksgiving dinner...and you said “Friday”...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:11 PM

*Sigh* Australia, New Zealand or the UK? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:11 PM
I live in Canada and we celebrate our Thanksgiving in October.

Quoting Talkingheads: We have several members who live in AU and NZ

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:13 PM
Thank you. I have a hard time wrapping my head around time zones without real numbers...

Yeah, I wouldn’t let my kids miss school for that either.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

19 hours I'm pretty sure

4 pm Thanksgiving is 11am on Friday here 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)