Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why, yes. He IS catering to me. I'm the one with his child doing gymnastics on my bladder

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies

Usually, we spend Weds night through Sunday morning the week of Thanksgiving at my boy friend's mom's house which is about 4-5 hrs away from where we live. His sisters and their families all come up too as well as a couple of his aunts and uncles and other assorted family members. It's the only time they really all get together through out the year.

This year, however, we have decided not to go. I am 6 months pregnant and dealing with some health issues. I've had some high blood pressures, the baby is laying in a way that is putting pressure on my sciatic nerve so walking around is excruciating already and I've been fighting severe anemia so my energy levels are very low.  The drive and being away from home like that is just more thn I can handle right now. So he told them not this year.

His Mom has been crying about him not coming since he told her and has even begged him to come with just him and his kids, that I'd "be just fine alone" for that weekend. And his sisters have called him selfish and pussy whipped and told him he doesn't need to cater to me just because I'm pregnant.  If he really wanted to go, I'd be fine with him going. But he doesn't want to. He plans to stay home with me, make sure the kids and I have an awesome Thanksgiving meal and take care of me so I can rest.  He loves me.  I am carrying his baby and he doesn't want to leave me on Thanksgiving.  He is about to just turn off his phone til after the holiday is over.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I cant say as I blame him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:27 PM
4 moms liked this
I had high blood pressure with both pregnancies, actually preeclampsia and a few other issues with my last. Driving wasn’t an issue. As long as your doctor clears you, no reason not to go.

I would go. Sounds like this was something his family looked forward too.
conweis
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:27 PM
3 moms liked this
He should tell his mom she did such a great job raising him that he knows its best to stay home.
Even if it isn't true.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:29 PM

I didn't say we weren't going because it isn't safe. We aren't going because it would be miserable for me. I am not interested in sitting in a car for that long or in staying in someone else's home for that many nights.  We already decided we aren't going this year.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had high blood pressure with both pregnancies, actually preeclampsia and a few other issues with my last. Driving wasn’t an issue. As long as your doctor clears you, no reason not to go. I would go. Sounds like this was something his family looked forward too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:29 PM

Lol

Quoting conweis: He should tell his mom she did such a great job raising him that he knows its best to stay home. Even if it isn't true.

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM
The only thing I disagree with you on is the fact that he has kids I'm assuming from another relationship. How often do they get to see their grandma and aunts and uncles? Yes you are carrying one of his children and therefore I do believe that you should come before his mother and sisters. However, I do not think your comfort should come before what's best For his other children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Sounds like you're using your pregnancy as an excuse to separate your bf from his family. That's awfully shitty of you, but at least he isn't stupid enough to marry you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:34 PM
Wow your in laws suck big time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have to wonder is it he doesn't want to go or he doesn't want to hear you b**** for 4 days straight? You were carrying just one of his children. You are not the first to do so and chances are you won't be the last. You are not even his wife you are just his girlfriend. I feel like he should do what's best for his children and in my opinion that is taking them to see the whole family and if his girlfriend doesn't feel up to going then his girlfriend can stay home
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:35 PM
She has sciatica so she’s more comfortable at home.

If the family miss him so much they could all offer to come and cook and have thanksgiving at their house and help her so she doesn’t have to do anything.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had high blood pressure with both pregnancies, actually preeclampsia and a few other issues with my last. Driving wasn’t an issue. As long as your doctor clears you, no reason not to go.

I would go. Sounds like this was something his family looked forward too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)