Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate being on my period and going to people's houses

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
I know it probably sounds stupid, but I recently learned that people don't like to flush tampons. I'm a tampon wear, and so when I go to people's houses and I'm going to be there for a while, I'm always paranoid to flush it in case it gets clogged or comes back up, but I don't want to just wrap it in toilet paper and put it in their waste bin for them to find potentially.

My husband and I are headed to my cousin at his girlfriend's house for dinner and a game night, so I know we're going to be there long enough for me to need to use the bathroom. I'm just dreading it now.

No point, I just hate it. If you wear tampons what do you do when you go to other peoples houses?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I just wrap up my used products in toilet tissue and dispose of it in the trash can. I’ve never thought to do anything differently. It’s a fact of life, not exactly something you should have to hide.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Is the rest of your life this difficult? Bring some ziplock baggies, wrap your shit up with TP and put in ziplock bag and put it in the bin. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:33 PM

zip lock bag.

you're a grown woman (presumably)

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
It's going to be a lot more embarrassing clogging someone's toilet. It's just a period. People are aware of them. It's so bad for the plumbing to flush things like that.
Also, why the hell would people be finding a tampon in the trash later?!?! Do they rifle through the bathroom trash?!
I've never given this a thought. I just throw them away and go on living my life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:36 PM

So wrap the tampon in tissue, put in a sandwich bag (bring one in your purse), and store in your purse until you get home and can throw in the garbage.  Easy peasy.

andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. I don't see the problem. Others have the same issue, its not a secret.
Wrap it up and toss it in the waste basket.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:36 PM
Just wrap it up in toilet paper and stick it at the bottom of the trash can. Or you can wrap it up in toilet paper, then put it in a ziplock bag, then put it in your purse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't know anyone ever flushed a tampon. That's murder on a septic system. You just wrap it up. It's not a big deal.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I see what you are saying. I just hope they empty the bathroom trash after the visit and it doesn't start to smell or anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No, your not supposed to flush tampons down the toilet. They might potentially see the tampon wrapped up in toilet paper in their waste bin but no one goes through the waste bin looking to see if any of the friends that they had over used a tampon. I wear tampons and when I go to other peoples houses on my period, I wrap the tampon in toilet paper and throw it in the waste bin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)