Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you use a phone? Not a cell phone.

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:11 PM
  • 24 Replies
I needed to ask someone a question that was in the house, didn’t matter who. I wanted to know if we were out of something before I can’t home. Everyone heard the phone ring, they could see in caller ID that I was me. They did not know how to answer it, so they called me back on their cell phone!

It’s happened a few times that even adults don’t know how to even dial the regular phone!

To use mine there is a button to “pick up” that makes the dial tone come on. As soon as you dial the number (including a 1 before the area code) the phone will start to ring. To answer someone calling you, you push the same green button. To hang up you put it in the base or push the red button.
by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM
Oh no.lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Your kids are dumb.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:15 PM
Yes, I can.
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:15 PM

Holy shitballs, LOL!!!  I shouldn't laugh though for the opposite reason.  My late FIL thought his cellphone didn't work because there was no dial tone, LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:16 PM
We have a landline.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Do they know what a payphone looks like? Nevermind...they probably don't even exist anymore.
Google_Me_Now
by Don’t Trust Google on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:17 PM
Umm yes, and personally could live without a phone period.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:19 PM
Wow.
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:22 PM
I don't even know anyone that still has a landline. The last people that I knew that had one were my parents. They had it turned off after my grandma died in 2012. They lived in an earth sheltered home and cell phones wouldn't work inside. Due to my grandma's health she needed a phone that worked in the house. She was the only reason they had it as long as they did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 6:24 PM
Yes, my 2 year old is able to answer the landline.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)