Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eugenia Cooney *trigger*

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM
  • 156 Replies

So there is a youtuber by the name of Eugenia Cooney. Shes a hot topic on youtube because shes rather controversial for her appearance. There was a petition earlier this year late last year to have her removed from youtube or at least have her videos demonetized. Reason being many feel she encourages self harming behaviors. A large portion of her audience are girls under the age of 17. Lots of comments saying "I'm 13 and i want to look like you". The show the doctors tried to get a hold of her as well as doctor phil. She declined. Her family is involved in her life as her mother appears in her videos. Her fans are quick to defend her. Many claim she naturally skinny but you can see her frame deteriorate through the years in her videos. When asked about this in Live AMA she usually just says "I'm fine", "I'm alive","i mean we all die some day".

For those concerned about her age she is an adult and lives on her own.

I think most people tune in for deathwatch now.

What do you think? Do you think she should get banned her ad revenue revoked from her videos, especially considering the adpolcalypse that happened recently on youtube? Do you think she promotes eating disorders? What do you think of the large proana crowd on youtube? Do you have a daughter who's a fan of her?

Older photo

Image result for eugenia cooney

This year

Older video

by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Omgoodness! I would not be happy if my teen was a follower of hers.
Pisces_Mom89
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM

Its terrifying isnt it?

Quoting Danesmommy1: Omgoodness! I would not be happy if my teen was a follower of hers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow...it is sad that she is in a position that she influences young minds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't allow my kid to watch her.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:39 PM
Yeah if idubbz isn't getting paid this weirdo doesn't need paid.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:39 PM
I know of her. She’s in denial
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

and she says she's healthy, it's just how she was born. her mom enables it and appears in some videos also.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:41 PM
5 moms liked this
Way too close to sounding like censorship, in my opinion. It's not her job or anyone else's to be a proper role model for children and teens or anyone else.
Pisces_Mom89
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:41 PM

That's how I feel to. There are many youtubers who have lost revenue because of choice language but they aren't actually harmful. Yet she somehow she gets to keep her ad money.

Quoting littlesippycup: Yeah if idubbz isn't getting paid this weirdo doesn't need paid.

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:42 PM
5 moms liked this

She looks almost like a Holocaust survivor. No one should be allowed to post videos that promote or glamorize harmful behavior to children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)