Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need the encouragement

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I want a drink SO bad right now.. going on 12 months haven’t touched a drink. I’m recovering alcoholic. I’m so depressed lately, especially today. I know drinking will only make me sadder.. but it numbs the pain temporarily. Any recovering alcoholics want to give advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2017 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to a meeting right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 8:06 PM
I can’t, I don’t have a babysitter for my son.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Go to a meeting right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 8:21 PM
Bump
ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Nov. 18, 2017 at 8:32 PM

Do you have a sponsor or an AA meeting anywhere near you? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:09 PM
No I quit on my own. But I can’t get a babysitter right now even if I wanted to attend a meeting..

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:14 PM

Well that sucks because that really would be the best thing for you. 

I was never an alcoholic, but I grew up around them and I did get addicted to painkillers. They are a temptation sometimes but during those times I just look at my daughter and she gives me strength not to go looking for them. It also helps to read about all the senseless death that happens as a result, and I refuse to be one of those fatalities. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: No I quit on my own. But I can’t get a babysitter right now even if I wanted to attend a meeting..
Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

cupcake7734
by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:16 PM
Call a trusted buddy and talk with them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:33 PM
Yeah I’m resisting.. usually looking at my son helps me also but he’s being so edgy tonight it’s stressing me. But congrats on quitting! That’s a hard addiction to quit.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

I was never an alcoholic, but I grew up around them and I did get addicted to painkillers. They are a temptation sometimes but during those times I just look at my daughter and she gives me strength not to go looking for them. It also helps to read about all the senseless death that happens as a result, and I refuse to be one of those fatalities. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: No I quit on my own. But I can’t get a babysitter right now even if I wanted to attend a meeting..

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM
My best friend just got dumped so she’s ignoring my calls... my other good friends drink so I rarely ever talk to them

Quoting cupcake7734: Call a trusted buddy and talk with them.
ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:29 AM
It is. I really wish you the best of luck.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah I’m resisting.. usually looking at my son helps me also but he’s being so edgy tonight it’s stressing me. But congrats on quitting! That’s a hard addiction to quit.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)