Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that went out of control.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
My 15 year old is failing in school, getting to school late because he won’t get out of bed and generally not caring about school. It keeps getting worse. He needs to do credit recovery but refused and said it was too boring. We got in a text “discussion “ about it and he cursed at me, call s me dumb and stupid, and refused to do what I asked.

When I got home from work, I talked calmly to him. Since he had calmed, I told him he would lose either phone or Xbox for his disrespect. He told me that was stupid and refused. Kept on and so I told him he lost both but if he handed it over, he would get it back quicker. He chose to physically try to block me. I got the cords to his Xbox, took his iPad, turned off his phone (text, data and calls) and turned off the WiFi. He put a hole in his wall.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh boy. Good luck with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:29 PM
Does he need a tutor?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:30 PM
He knows how to do the work. He just won’t because “it’s boring and stupid”.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Does he need a tutor?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this
That's what you got out of that fuckery?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Does he need a tutor?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:33 PM
Oh man this is what I'm afraid of when my kids get older. I'm a single mom of two boys who are only 13 months apart. Their dad has real rage issues and is an addict. I'm trying to raise them right but my fear is going through this teen stage with them by myself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM

How exactly did you imagine it was going to end?  Did you think he was simiply going to turn his phone over to you? I've never understood why some of you do crap like that.  

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply cancel or suspend his phone through the provider and even for a day or 2 disconnect internet service?  NO you chose to do it the hardest way possible, ridiculous

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:36 PM
Oh wow what did you do when he put a hole in the wall?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:36 PM
Yeah I expected he would turn it over if it meant he would get it back quicker. It’s a pain in the ass to suspend service with my carrier. I ended up doing just that.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

How exactly did you imagine it was going to end?  Did you think he was simiply going to turn his phone over to you? I've never understood why some of you do crap like that.  

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply cancel or suspend his phone through the provider and even for a day or 2 disconnect internet service?  NO you chose to do it the hardest way possible, ridiculous

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Nothing. A hole is the least of my problems. He swept up the mess.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Oh wow what did you do when he put a hole in the wall?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
You kind of let this happen, so good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)