Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Feel Pretty Stupid...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:55 AM
  • 124 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I was boiling water for rice. I put the pot of water on the burner and went back into the living room to wait for it to boil. A few minutes later, the fire alarm went off and I rushed in to see a sizzling glass baking dish on the stove. Stupid here turned on the wrong burner. I turned off the burner and, when I turned to open the door to let the heat out, the dish exploded into a million pieces all over the place. It was a good thing I was at the door or I would have been standing right over it. No one got hurt, thankfully. My service dog ran in and started going crazy, I guess because she was reacting to my anxiety. I had to throw her in the crate, put the other dogs in the play pen, and lock the cat up so we could clean the glass up. It's cleaned up now and my hands and legs are shaking so bad I can barely stand. Also, I still want rice but I feel too queasy to eat it. I'm afraid to touch the stove now. 

by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jslpruitt
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I turn the wrong burner on ALOT! This summer I caught a lunch box that was on the back of the stove on fire!

Glad you are ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:57 AM
Service dog? Do you mean emotional support dog?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:58 AM
Yikes! Glad you're ok! How scary!
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:58 AM

Yep that's scary. I've done stupid shit like that, many times. Glad everyone is ok. Eat some rice, put extra butter and salt on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:58 AM
I once toasted a cookbook that way.

To my defense, I was 15 or 16 at the time.
Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:59 AM

No, she is a service dog. I have autism (aspergers) and PTSD. She is still in training. Anxiety is a part of aspergers so I am training her to react to anxiety attacks. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Service dog? Do you mean emotional support dog?

armytriplets
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:00 AM
Aw I am sorry! That is pretty unnerving! You are not stupid. It happens. My DH exploded two of my favorite baking dishes like that! I hope you are able to relax and feel better and I hope you get some rice!
tsatske2
by Latricia on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Rice takes 20 minutes to cook in the microwave, you don't have to preheat the water, comes out perfect everytime, with no attention from you.

I'm sorry you had a tough day, that sounds brutal. I'm glad everything is cleaned up and the animals are free again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:02 AM
I'm interested in knowing about a company that trains service dogs and allows them to stay with their owners! How interesting.

Quoting Neko_Nightstar:

No, she is a service dog. I have autism (aspergers) and PTSD. She is still in training. Anxiety is a part of aspergers so I am training her to react to anxiety attacks. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Service dog? Do you mean emotional support dog?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:02 AM

Asking in all seriousness.. Do you have ADHD? because I do and I am in an online group for women with ADHD... this is something that happens all the time with those members.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)