Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It is YOUR fault you are spending the holidays alone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

Some of you might remember my posts in the past but ill just give a brief recap. My x husband died and the kid and i decided to move to get a fresh start. The inlaws threatened to take me to court for grandparent rights if we moved. I told them if they tried they would be cut out of our lives for good. Well they took me to court and lost. 

We ended up having to get a restraining order against them and MIL broke it so many times she was actually arrested

Well they decided to send my mother a message saying that they are alone for the holidays and how they hope they can come and see the kids. They wanted her to spread the message. My mom felt bad for them but knows what they have done. 

The kids want nothing to do with them after everything they have done and legally they are not supposed to be trying to contact us at all. I probably should report them but I wont. I also wont feel bad that they are alone. This is what happens when you try to control people you have no business controlling. This is what happens when you say horrible things about people. This is what happens when you cant even follow a restraining order or when you do enough bad things to get a restraining order. They should have thought about this BEFORE doing what they did. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by squeekers on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Some people just never learn.
JRP14
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I think you're being a little harsh here. If my husband died, I would still keep in touch with his parents because I have their grandson. Maybe they felt like taking you to court was the only way to keep them a part of your child's life since it seems like you were being pretty selfish. Insensitive.
MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:37 AM
I don’t know the full story but i do know that if i ever lost my son I would 100% go insane. Especially if then i lost my grandchildren.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Well then you shouldnt be surprised if people cut you out for that

Quoting MissTuree: I don’t know the full story but i do know that if i ever lost my son I would 100% go insane. Especially if then i lost my grandchildren.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:39 AM

We were full on planning on keeping in touch. Then they threatned to take my children away from us or prevent us from moving. That is 100% not okay I warned them and they didnt listen. \

Moving to get a fresh start for my kids is NOT selfish 

Quoting JRP14: Wow. I think you're being a little harsh here. If my husband died, I would still keep in touch with his parents because I have their grandson. Maybe they felt like taking you to court was the only way to keep them a part of your child's life since it seems like you were being pretty selfish. Insensitive.

JRP14
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:41 AM
How were they to know that? Could you imagine how scary that must've been for them and how hard of a time they might have been having since they just lost their son?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

We were full on planning on keeping in touch. Then they threatned to take my children away from us or prevent us from moving. That is 100% not okay I warned them and they didnt listen. \

Quoting JRP14: Wow. I think you're being a little harsh here. If my husband died, I would still keep in touch with his parents because I have their grandson. Maybe they felt like taking you to court was the only way to keep them a part of your child's life since it seems like you were being pretty selfish. Insensitive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:42 AM
7 moms liked this
She lost her husband these kids lost their father and all of a sudden it was 100% Her responsibility to care for her children. . It isn't selfish to do what needs to be done to support your kids it was selfish for the in-laws to do what they did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:43 AM

Because we told them that

Their feelings do not trump the kids' feelings 

Quoting JRP14: How were they to know that? Could you imagine how scary that must've been for them and how hard of a time they might have been having since they just lost their son?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:43 AM
I 100% understand her side. My DD father was killed in an accident this year. Her grandmother is completely detrimental to her healing and well being and time with her is extremely limited. If it came to the point of an RO the judge and courts going to see it. An RO is not ordered just because you don't like someone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:52 AM
You don't think OP and her children were also suffering?

Quoting JRP14: How were they to know that? Could you imagine how scary that must've been for them and how hard of a time they might have been having since they just lost their son?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)