Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yep I am looking for validation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I realize that since I came right out and said it especially that CM is going to try hard to be assholes and invalidate me. So to you assholes, go for it, I have a natural filter for you at this point.

I had a complicated childhood. I was "raised" by multiple ppl. One of those people was my aunt. My actual parents were pretty negligent so she made sure I was bathed, ate, clothed etc like the necessities.

Well while she did all that she was also an asshole about all of it. I always heard about what a burden and inconvenience I was and how ungrateful I was even when I was too young to understand what that even meant (like 4 years old). I was also constantly told I was an embarrassment and never good enough in some form. 

This woman is the embodiment of a bitter old hag who loves to spread misery (much like a lot of you CMers, that irony isn't lost on me trust me).

Anyway so this behavior from her continue into my teens and now into adulthood. Every time I speak to her it's a barrage of negativity, hate, critisizing everything I do from the way I do laundry to the way I grocery shop, raise my kids, cook I mean literally everything.

The last straw for me was when I suffered a miscarriage and she told me it was my fault because I was too fat to carry a baby.

I cut her off after that and haven't spoken to her. This was over a year ago. Well it's the holidays and my sister is begging me to get in contact with her because she is lonely and nobody is coming to visit her or anything. Well too bad. Nobody wants to visit because she is always so hateful!

Validate me CM. Tell me I'm right to do this. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:19 AM
Don't blame you a bit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
It's your life. It's now or never. You ain't gonna live forever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
You are right to make that decision. You don't have to have someone that toxic in your life now that you're an adult.
JRP14
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:34 AM
Yaaaas! Omfg. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 3: It's your life. It's now or never. You ain't gonna live forever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:37 AM
You kind of sound like an asshole yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:39 AM
Yep. You get validation from me. I wouldn't ever speak to her again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:42 AM

You do not owe this woman anything-your parents do for her doing their responsibilities

Live your life and be happy

Let the past stay where it belongs-behind you

Walk on

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:55 AM

I have an aunt that has been cut out of the family.  She lives around the corner from me & I see her in the grocery store almost every week.   Never say a word to her, she's not invited to any family gatherings, she's not welcome in any house & it's her fault for it.   She was verbally abusive towards my grandmother, she tried to sue my mother, & she tries to spread rumors about all of us to extended family.   She's also slowly being cut out one by one by that extended family because she turns on them if they defend my mom.   

We warned her, don't try to make us pick a side, you WILL lose & now she knows we were serious about it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:57 AM
You’re absolutely right, and I mean that.
Starz6802
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:59 AM
It’s weird that she would do all that for you and treat you like shit the whole time.

Did she have other kids? Was she abusive to them also?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)