Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I’m weak and pathetic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
Apparently Because I asked my DH if we could get DS a 2,000 Christmas gift.
We have money. Just not sure if DH thinks it would be an appropriate gift.

Are you weak and pathetic for consulting your spouse as well?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:47 PM
It's different when it's a decision together. I think the other poster was meaning asking for permission.

We discuss gifts together but neither of us ask for permission.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:47 PM
I am weak and pathetic. I ask my husband what he thinks around purchases over a hundred dollars and he does the same! That's how we stick to a family budget. We have been married close to 21 years. He's a terrific money manager and I'm more of a spender.
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
There is a difference in "hey, can I get this" and "do you think we should get this"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM

i don't think that's weak and pathetic. you are allowed to consult with your DH about things..especially something that is so expensive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:49 PM

If one item was 2000 I would discuss it with hubby.  I dont spend that much with out discussing it.  And we make in the mid 6 figures.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM
I read it very differently in that the op wants her husband to also run large purchases past her. I think everyone is focusing too much on semantics and not enough on meaning of her statement and how it's put into practice in their marriage.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's different when it's a decision together. I think the other poster was meaning asking for permission.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Im not referring to her. I didn't read all of that post. I'm referring to the s/o of only weak women ask for permission. If the other op truly made the decision with her husband that's not asking for permission.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I read it very differently in that the op wants her husband to also run large purchases past her. I think everyone is focusing too much on semantics and not enough on meaning of her statement and how it's put into practice in their marriage.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's different when it's a decision together. I think the other poster was meaning asking for permission.

Southern_Song
by Jo on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:52 PM
For that I consult but not for clothes or shoes etc. Over 500.00 yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM
It is if she wouldn't do it if he said no.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Im not referring to her. I didn't read all of that post. I'm referring to the s/o of only weak women ask for permission. If the other op truly made the decision with her husband that's not asking for permission.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I read it very differently in that the op wants her husband to also run large purchases past her. I think everyone is focusing too much on semantics and not enough on meaning of her statement and how it's put into practice in their marriage.

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:58 PM
I don’t think it’s weak
Everyone’s marriage runs differently
I don’t consult but it doesn’t mean anything
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)