Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they don't need a father.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

so here's a little backstory. when I was 17 one of my great grandmothers passed away, she left me everything. I had a small house, my school was paid for and I had enough money to demolish the old house and build a new one if I wanted, I didn't and just saved it. by my 18th birthday, I was nearly done with school but was told I might not be able to have children if I wait until late 20's early 30's because of genes from my mother. so I researched sperm banks and how much insemination would be. I got inseminated a couple months later. I had my ds a month and a half before I turned 19. I was working in a publishing house by then. its been 6 years and I just had a dd last month, the same way. 

I don't talk to anyone in my family mom or dads side because both great-grandmothers left me more than anyone else. my kids just sent them over the edge and they constantly insult me (not to my face, the rant on facebook about it. I sent them a birth announcement just to be an ass this time). out of nowhere, I get a call from a number I didn't know, I answered thinking my boss broke her phone again and got a new one but no it was my aunt. she told me I was a pos for forcing my kids to not have a father and my male friends dont cut it.

my 6 year old thinks different and my kids are the only ones that matter. they dont need a father, they have male figures in their life but a father isn't something that's needed.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Cool story. Total bullshit but cool story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:52 PM

not at all.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Cool story. Total bullshit but cool story.

JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:54 PM
I normally tend to disagree with that that statement, but and this is a huge but, male influence do go a long way. I think if you have a good and strong support system that is really all that matters. All my neice has is father figures, as her dad is not in her life; and she is an amazing young woman.

You do you girl and ignore the haters
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:55 PM

exactly. as long as good men are around why do I need to give them a "daddy"?

Quoting JDMlover: I normally tend to disagree with that that statement, but and this is a huge but, male influence do go a long way. I think if you have a good and strong support system that is really all that matters. All my neice has is father figures, as her dad is not in her life; and she is an amazing young woman. You do you girl and ignore the haters

Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:56 PM

They can shove it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:57 PM
Kids don’t need moms either
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2017 at 1:58 PM

that's true. male couples raise children just as well as single mothers or single fathers. as long as there are good models around then its not really needed.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Kids don’t need moms either

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:01 PM
I grew up without a dad and turned out fine. I’m successful, intelligent, and educated. After watching friend after friend of mine go through nasty custody battles, I did the same as you. I had three kids through insemination with donor sperm. I am married, but I made it clear before I got serious with my now-husband that these are MY kids and he’s only to be like a cool, fun uncle. He is an important role model in their lives, but isn’t in any way a parent.
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:01 PM
As long as you and the men in their life are a strong and good influences you don’t. You know them best, if what you are doing is good then that’s all that matters

Quoting Anonymous 1:

exactly. as long as good men are around why do I need to give them a "daddy"?

Quoting JDMlover: I normally tend to disagree with that that statement, but and this is a huge but, male influence do go a long way. I think if you have a good and strong support system that is really all that matters. All my neice has is father figures, as her dad is not in her life; and she is an amazing young woman.

You do you girl and ignore the haters

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:03 PM

I see what you are saying and to a degree I agree.

But being a father is not the same as a male friend who likes your kids .  

They will more than likely be just fine and I am glad the do have some male figures.

I am a fan of a solid family.  But if you can make it work, then more power to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)