Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A child's Christmas list should never make you cry.

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:20 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son has a low white blood cell count, glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase, allan herndon dudley syndrome and developmental delays, along with some not yet diagnosed health issues. Well...tonight my son had a seizure and stopped breathing. So I took him to the children's hospital that he has been going to since birth. I had to bring DD because DH is off on travel for work. The staff is so incredibly sweet to DD. So one of the nurses we have known for a very long time came in with some cookies, water and paper and crayons. She sat with her and they both made Christmas lists for Santa. All my daughter wrote was "I want a baby doll and for James to get better!" We have recently started to explain to Hailey how her brother will be going to Heaven, and we will get to see him again. She has been having a SUPER hard time dealing with this. Her Christmas list had me in tears. Thankfully, all they had to do was give my son a breathing tube in his nose. He is getting it removed next week. It just makes me sad, how she is SO connected to him when all he can do is babble, sit up and roll over. It makes me so incredibly sad to think she is going to have to deal with him passing too. So tonight, I am sending our prayers and well wishes and thoughts (whatever your religion is) to anyone with a sick child! Have a nice night everyone!
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:24 PM
I am so sorry for what you are going thru? If you don’t mind my asking what is a breathing tube down the nose?!
JRP14
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:24 PM
Hoping your family finds peace in this hard time. ❤️ it's amazing how siblings can be connected. I have nine and I remember wishing they'd just go away instead of arguing with me, but reading stories like yours makes me feel selfish for thinking things like that.
RedRose91
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:24 PM
How old are they? I am so sorry that you have to go through this I could not imagine seeing one of my babies going through that.
KapriJ330
by Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:28 PM
Thanks! And look up "Nasal catheter". You will find much more information there than I can give you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am so sorry for what you are going thru? If you don’t mind my asking what is a breathing tube down the nose?!
KapriJ330
by Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:29 PM
My daughter is 5 and my son is 3.

Quoting RedRose91: How old are they? I am so sorry that you have to go through this I could not imagine seeing one of my babies going through that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very sorry.  I can not imagine how hard it must be for you and what she will go through as well.  Of course she is attached to him. I would be surprized if it were otherwise.

goatmom4
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Prayers
Pisces_Mom89
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Related image

KapriJ330
by Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. I needed that laugh! Thanks!

Quoting Pisces_Mom89:

Related image

Mrsfitz0305
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Prayers for healing if it's possible and peace for all of you regardless. My heart aches for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)