Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am boycotting the holidays

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am boycotting the holidays since my daughter passed away. There is nothing to be thankful for this year. My daughter loved Christmas also and she isn’t here so what is the point. I’m staying inside and sleeping.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pisces_Mom89
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:57 AM

Image result for hugs gif

Im so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:58 AM
How hard this must be. I'm so sorry
squeekers
by squeekers on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:59 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:01 AM
Thank you very much

Quoting Pisces_Mom89:

Image result for hugs gif

Im so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:01 AM
Thank you very much

Quoting Anonymous 2: How hard this must be. I'm so sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:02 AM
Thank you so much

Quoting squeekers:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I’m so sorry. I know how easy it is to feel that way. I lost my son. But you need to find some kind of energy in you to push through, otherwise you’ll just bury yourself in grief. You’ll be stuck in the cycle of not doing anything. Do it for your daughter. She can’t be here, but she wouldn’t want you to miss out on life like that. Live life like she would. Enjoy every bit of life that she can’t anymore.

Get up, go through the motions even though you don’t feel like it. Eventually the emotions will follow. This is the only way to survive this kind of awful loss. You’ll never be the same, but you will find joy again. I think of grief like being an amputee. You miss the limb and what life was like with it, but eventually you learn to adapt. This is your new normal. It sucks, but you have no choice. I’ve lost so many people in my life (son, brother, father, stepfather) and it was all I could do to survive. You can’t let yourself crumble. You have to keep fighting. If not for you, then for everyone else in your life. They’ve already lost someone too, and they can’t lose you.

I’m sorry if this is rambly or doesn’t make sense. I’m overtired but i needed to get that out because my heart goes out to you. Huge hugs to you. Please remember you’re not alone. Many of us have been where you are, and I promise you’ll find a way to live life in your new normal.
MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:07 AM

I'm very sorry 

SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:18 AM
7 moms liked this

I'm so sorry. I felt that way the year my son died (Sept 10, 2008). I couldn't even hand out candy on Halloween, his favorite holiday. We slept through the first anniversary of his death and his birthday. We did not want to face the day. 

Now, I am going to tell you a true story ... I was in Wal-mart, with no intention of getting anything to do with Xmas when I suddenly had the urge to go look at the real trees. I hate real trees b/c they are too much work. They had a small 4.5 foot tree for $5 and a stand for $5. I bought them both without even thinking about it. My hubby, MiL and SiL were very shocked when I brought it home. We decorated it with only special ornaments collected over the years. I firmly believe that was my son's Xmas gift to us and no one will change my mind about that. I don't care how crazy it makes me sound. 

The reason for the story, while it may be hard to face the holidays without her, don't ignore that little twinge or weird feeling about doing something maybe that you wouldn't ordinarily do b/c it may be her giving you one more gift. 

~hugs~

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:19 AM
Thank you so much for your reply it means a lot to me. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. This is a grief that is so hard to handle. Hugs to you too. How old was your son?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I�m so sorry. I know how easy it is to feel that way. I lost my son. But you need to find some kind of energy in you to push through, otherwise you�ll just bury yourself in grief. You�ll be stuck in the cycle of not doing anything. Do it for your daughter. She can�t be here, but she wouldn�t want you to miss out on life like that. Live life like she would. Enjoy every bit of life that she can�t anymore.

Get up, go through the motions even though you don�t feel like it. Eventually the emotions will follow. This is the only way to survive this kind of awful loss. You�ll never be the same, but you will find joy again. I think of grief like being an amputee. You miss the limb and what life was like with it, but eventually you learn to adapt. This is your new normal. It sucks, but you have no choice. I�ve lost so many people in my life (son, brother, father, stepfather) and it was all I could do to survive. You can�t let yourself crumble. You have to keep fighting. If not for you, then for everyone else in your life. They�ve already lost someone too, and they can�t lose you.

I�m sorry if this is rambly or doesn�t make sense. I�m overtired but i needed to get that out because my heart goes out to you. Huge hugs to you. Please remember you�re not alone. Many of us have been where you are, and I promise you�ll find a way to live life in your new normal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)