Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's try this over without bashing people's replies...... I don't understand some Parents.....

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM
  • 58 Replies
1 mom liked this

This morning DS High School was on Lockdown because a Family came in upset over a dispute that happened on Friday. The Family wouldn't listen so they had to call in the Police. After all that is said and done no one was hurt, Family is arrested, and kids will receive disciplinary action with school as well.

This is the 3rd time our kids were on lockdown. Parents are on the Parents page always complaining that we never get notified until it is over and everythign was rectified but they find out about it because their kids text their parents about being in lockdown and don't know why.  I personally hate knowing my DS was in lockdown but I am happy that the situation is rectified when they let us know. You know the same parents will be pissed if they sent out an e-mail stating the school is in lockdown but have no information.  I personally don't like the idea of kids texting their parents and having them worry when the kids themselves have no idea what is going on and just worry the parents. Not only that but it can start some very bad rumors that just aren't true, which is what happened during the second lockdown, that was just a fight with two boys and the Vice Principal ended up slipping on the floor and rumors were going that he was hit.

If it's something super dangerous like a gun situation or someone was killed yes please let me know. If they get it rectified within minutes of thigns happening don't be mad at the school for not sitting behind a computer and  putting out a vague e-mail. 

by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:11 PM

Dammit you deleted. I was in the middle of reading your first thread.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Some crazy bitches don't understand what a lockdown is for.

AllAboutAmaya
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:13 PM
5 moms liked this
I understand why they don't notify parents at the time of lockdown. If they did, a bunch of parents would show up to the school to try a pick their kids up and it makes the situation even more unsafe. My child's school sends out an email at the end of the day if there ever was a lockdown and the reasoning behind it. I get parents wanting to know if their kids are safe but we have to trust the school and teachers to do their jobs. No matter how worried we are. Us showing up in a panic and emotions all over the place won't help one bit.
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:14 PM

Sorry but someone accidentally posted a number since she was upset and I had no choice. Plus she was being picked on way too much.

Quoting MistressMonster:

Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:14 PM

Lockdown = Something dangerous.

If there is something dangerous going on that involves my children, I want to know.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It wasn't an accident though.  She has posted her and her husbands full names on here, their mugshots, address.  Sorry you had to delete.  You're a nice person.

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Sorry but someone accidentally posted a number since she was upset and I had no choice. Plus she was being picked on way too much.

Quoting MistressMonster:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:15 PM
4 moms liked this
As a high school admin, I can tell you that we tell students that it’s okay to let their parents know. If we’re busy making sure everyone is safe (including ourselves) and working with law enforcement, there’s not always time to send updates. As the parents, your job is to trust that we are doing everything we can and we will communicate with you when we can.

I can not control what 1600 kids choose to do in regards to telling their parents information. Texts from kids keeps the phone lines more open but realistically we aren’t answering phones in a lockdown situation anyway.

No matter what we do, we will always have some parents unhappy with how we handle a situation.
corticosteroid
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, nobody is ever going to be happy with how school lockdowns are handled, so they just do what’s going to cause the least number of stupid lockdown-related fatalities.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM

You want to know as it's happening or you want your child protected?

Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

Lockdown = Something dangerous.

If there is something dangerous going on that involves my children, I want to know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM

All parents get a phone call about the lockdown and it's so overdone that nobody takes it seriously. My son says they sit against the wall and play with their phones,  send texts etc.  There is no longer a fear and it's just wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)