Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs, if your husband took this week off from work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
How much help would you be expecting? How much time would you expect him to spend with you and your family with him?

Eta: My baby kept me up all night teething. I kept him latched because he'd cry otherwise and I didn't want us both getting interrupted sleep. I told DH this morning I needed some sleep once he got up. His work has a lot of amenities, so he said he was going in for morning yoga. Then he was going to stay in the city to meet up with friends. I told him DD remembered he was going to do extra stuff with her this week. So she wouldn't have to tag along with DS to all his therapy today. He said he wanted to workout with his coworkers when the fitness group meets, plus he wants to eat dinner there as a part of their game night. Why did he even bother using up his PTO?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2blessed2bitch
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM
He would work outside I'm sure, and fix stuff.
merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM

I work at home and DH has Wed-Sun off. I expect the normal amount of help that he gives on weekends during days off. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM
A little but not much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM

Same as usual. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM

I don't really need help.  I'm sure he would do little things like take clothes from washer and put in dryer when he heard the buzzer. Maybe clean up dishes one night.  I don't know.

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:34 PM

SO will be off Wednesday-Friday.  He normally works Monday-Friday.  

He'll be spending the entire time with us, helping out as much as needed.  It'll just be like the weekends are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:34 PM
I'm not a sahm. Don't know why that matters. But my husband is off all week. Had to use up some vacation time and has Thursday and Friday off anyway.

He helps when he's home whether he's off for a holiday or not. I don't ever need much help with anything though.
snowball32
by Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM
My husband is off this week he is doing all the cooking because he truly enjoys it and he will be with us the whole time for majority of the week because he kind of digs us!
balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM

He helps out quite a bit during normal work weeks. He took today of to go to DS2’s fencing tournament. Now we’re all just kind of hanging out doing nothing together. He’ll take DS to fencing tonight if he still wants to go. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM
I wouldn’t want him doing my job anymore than he’d want me doing his. But we’d hang out a lot...I would expect that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)