Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free Turkey?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies
We're a low income family. Grocery shopping can be tight but we manage. Well the store we frequent is giving out free turkey in a raffle. It cost $1 to enter.

I submitted a ticket. Could only spare for one. Some stuck up bitch ended up winning. A few of us were upset because it was obvious this woman didn't need a free turkey. She could easily buy one. There were families there who prob cant even get a turkey. Why not donate it to one of the other families who clearly needed it more than the bitch who got it.

She grabbed the largest turkey she could get and waltzed out. Overheard her bragging to someone that they just saved $30 and scored a free turkey.

Why can't you rich bitches pay for your holiday stuff so those of us struggling can actually have a chance to win something nice for the holiday for once?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KitschyAF
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It's all about perspective. I'm sure she's not rich but you perceive her to have more than you. It doesn't mean she couldn't use the turkey and it's not her obligation to give it away either. I'm sorry you didn't win. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:54 PM
I see what you did there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:54 PM
6 moms liked this
Because everyone likes to save money. She had a fair shot just like everyone else. I'm pretty sure this is a troll spinoff of the whine fest earlier this weekend. Most places have them for under a dollar a pound right now, scrape up your spare change and go get one.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

eye rolling

Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:56 PM
Mine was .59 a pound.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Just because you're poor and she's not, does not make you more entitled to a free turkey than she is. If it was open to everyone, then she has just as much right to it as you do. You don't know her financial status so shut up and either buy your own or go to a food pantry. They give out turkeys too.
acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:57 PM
It was $0.37 a lbs for a turkey at my local supermarket with a minimum $35 purchase. Once I got things like rice, cereal, fruits, etc I easily qualified for the turkey. I spent $5.48 on my turkey.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:57 PM

Mine was free, I had enough store points at our store. I usually use those points for gas points but I used it for the turkey- should I have given it away?

SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:57 PM
Did she buy a ticket and win fairly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:57 PM
My turkey cost $6.98.

If you can’t afford a $7 turkey, you shouldn’t be gambling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)