Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He gave the baby our last name

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 198 Replies
2 moms liked this
My 21 yr old son's female roommate (age 24) had a baby over the weekend. My son says the baby "might be his but probably isn't". He chose to give the baby our last name and sign the birth certificate without a test or knowing for sure. He says he wants to be the baby's dad and doesn't care.

They haven't decided if they will be together or stay good friends at this point but they plan to raise the baby together.

While I'm proud of my son for stepping up and happy to be a grandma (DNA or not) I am also worried about my son loving this child and her changing her mind and just taking off. I'm scared for him but I am being as supportive as I can be.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations to your son and his female roommate. Have him get a dna test to know if the baby is his or not. If the baby is his biologically and because he signed his name on the birth certificate and gave the baby his last name she can't just hange her mind and take off with the baby without him being able to file for visitation rights.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:00 PM
11 moms liked this
I would really not be happy about this. I hope your son realizes what a life long commitment this is and how this may pose a problem in the future if he marries another woman.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:00 PM
He has straight up said the baby is "probably not his blood " and he doesn't want a DNA test because he doesn't want to lose him.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Congratulations to your son and his female roommate. Have him get a dna test to know if the baby is his or not. If the baby is his biologically and because he signed his name on the birth certificate and gave the baby his last name she can't just hange her mind and take off with the baby without him being able to file for visitation rights.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM
I'd be concerned too.
Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I’d be livid he didn’t get a dna test
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:02 PM
4 moms liked this
I support my son and I know why he feels so strongly about this. His own father denied him and his first stepdad was jealous and treated him horribly. I know how badly he wants to prove he is a better man and how much being this baby's dad means to him.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: I would really not be happy about this. I hope your son realizes what a life long commitment this is and how this may pose a problem in the future if he marries another woman.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand why he doesn't want to and I am proud that he cares enough about this boy that he doesn't care.

Quoting Diva-Mami: I’d be livid he didn’t get a dna test
2blessed2bitch
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:03 PM
4 moms liked this
This will not end well. He should do a DNA test ASAP.
2blessed2bitch
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
This will not end well. He should do a DNA test ASAP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:04 PM
He doesn't want to. He'd rather never know and be responsible for him forever and keep him than find out he isn't his and lose him.

Quoting 2blessed2bitch: This will not end well. He should do a DNA test ASAP.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)