Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of quitting my job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I’m 17 weeks pregnant and I absolutely despise my job. I’m a waitress and I realized after working yesterday after my manager cut down my tables to just 3 tables all because she had her ass on her shoulders that we weren’t moving fast enough even tho the restaurant was packed it was time for me to find something else. When I have my baby I won’t get paid for the weeks I miss. So I can’t think of any other reason why I should stay here when I can get a different job and paid more and get the things my baby would need instead of depending on customers and praying they are in a good mood in order to leave out of there with a little over $200 a week in tips. That may seem like a lot but my check at the most is usually about $50 with 36 hours on it.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Stay where you are and quit when you go to maternity leave. You w not get paid for it either way at this point. You're very unlikely to find a job while pregnant anyway
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:49 PM
I can work for temp services tho.

Quoting shadow_lark: Stay where you are and quit when you go to maternity leave. You w not get paid for it either way at this point. You're very unlikely to find a job while pregnant anyway
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:52 PM
Probably not.
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:52 PM
Do you have any call centers near you? They hire pregnant people like crazy. When I worked at one there were like 50 pregnant women that had just started. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it is stupid to quit a job before you have another one.
LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:54 PM

I got hired onto a new job when I was 22 weeks pregnant. Receptionist position. They didn't care that I would have to go on leave, my resume was good enough.

Quoting shadow_lark: Stay where you are and quit when you go to maternity leave. You w not get paid for it either way at this point. You're very unlikely to find a job while pregnant anyway

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:20 PM

you might have a hard time finding a job because you are pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I do I’m thinking of applying there.

Quoting SciFiMama91: Do you have any call centers near you? They hire pregnant people like crazy. When I worked at one there were like 50 pregnant women that had just started. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM

I can't imagine waitressing while pregnant :-(   If you can find a temp office job, that would be nice.   Also, you can always apply to drive for UBER.  A good friend is doing that in suburbs and is making about $750/week.  He delivers packages, food, and of course drives people :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 6:01 PM
$200/week may seem like a lot?? No, it doesn’t at all.

Many employers are reluctant to hire pregnant women, so I wouldn’t quit your job until you have a new one lined up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)