Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Inviting you to dinner isnt the same thing as inviting you to stay with me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

My sister, her boyfriend, her kids, and his kids showed up at my house today. They had tons of bags. I asked what was going on. She said that she was here for thanksgiving! 

I asked her what she meant... she said that I invited her. I told her I invited her to dinner.... not to stay with me. We already have a full house here already or coming. 

She seemed shocked. She said that even last week I confirmed it. That isnt true at all. Last week I called and asked who all would be coming for dinner (to get a head count) she mentioned she would be in town on Monday. I said maybe we could get some lunch or spend some time together before Thursday

Her staying at my house was never once mentioned or discussed. She got the same thanksgiving dinner invitation as everyone else. 

Then she said that they could just sleep on the couches and floor and it wouldnt be big deal. There is now way that is happening. There is 6 kids between the two of them. There is not enough room for 6 kids in the livingroom sleeping. We have one regular couch and a love seat. It is one thing to have that many people in the house on Thanksgiving but I dont want that many here all the time. We have two guest rooms but MIL and FIL are in one and BIL, SIL, and my niece will be in the other one tomorrow. 

I told my sister all of that. She said that I shouldnt have invited them if I didnt plan on having room for them. That I was nothing more than a bitch and I did it on purpose. I told her not at all. I dont even know why she thought I was giving her a place to stay the invitation was to dinner and not one other person got confused and thought it was an invitation to stay with us

She says she is leaving and going home. Idk if she actually will but I kinda hope she does because if not she will cause drama for sure 

ETA: Most people are coming from out of town. We have always sent invites to everyone in the family no matter what and it has NEVER been an open invitation to come stay with them. I have a large famil (12 siblings) and there is no way I could possibly host everyone even IF I wanted to. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:08 PM
Just let them stay. Sheesh. It’s a holiday!

Then be more careful not to invite them (at all) next time.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:09 PM

Uh huh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:09 PM

It isnt happening. No way am I going to be stepping over people to walk through my house or having my actually invited guests doing that. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Just let them stay. Sheesh. It’s a holiday! Then be more careful not to invite them (at all) next time.

Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this
They weren't invited to stay, holiday or not.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Just let them stay. Sheesh. It’s a holiday!

Then be more careful not to invite them (at all) next time.
Cormorant
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:15 PM

how far away do they live?

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM
4 moms liked this
It's like all the trolls want to play my family is dumb and see how shitty I treat them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM
Wow, this sounds oh too familiar. You have a right to be upset.

I just don't understand some people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM

I think its like a 9-10 hour drive 

Quoting Cormorant:

Cormorant
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Not that it's okay of her ... but I can see how she had a misunderstanding

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Cormorant:

lady-J-Rock
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:19 PM
2 moms liked this
So you expected them to drive that far for one day and then leave right after?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Cormorant:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)