Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who the f*** changes their number when their kid is missing?!?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I couldn't believe this! Then in the comments I saw that a couple other people had the same question as I did. How's your child supposed to be able to get ahold of you if they need to if you go and change your damn phone number??? So much stupidity in this world.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kandis1021
by Kandis on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:13 PM
WHAAAT????
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:13 PM
That's so sad. Did he run away?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this
From the sounds of it, yes. I'd keep that phone number until either I was dead or he came back just so he could call me if he needed/wanted to.

Quoting littlesippycup: That's so sad. Did he run away?
Caidysmom
by MindyM on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:19 PM
I saw this on FB a few days ago, and wondered..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:19 PM
They could have had to, due to harassment or finances. If another immediate family member has a phone number that the missing person knows, then I don't see the big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:24 PM
3 moms liked this
You know what's worse? All the petty bitches gossiping and speculating about something as stupid as a phone number. Everybody always coming with pitchforks these days over stupid shit instead of providing support.

For all you know she has a prepaid phone. IF you can't pay your bill for a period they take your number. OR maybe she is broke and her phone service with a monthly carrier was discontinued and she got a new service provider.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
How fucking judgemental can you get. You do realize that sometimes people dont have a fucking choice in having their number changed.
Maybe they had to get a new phone and couldn't keep their old number I'm sure that this person is going through hell and doesn't need some ignorant twat judging them when they have no fucking clue of what's going on.
Shut the fuck up and myob.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:25 PM
Hmmm...I'd endure the harassment (though I'm not sure why you think there'd be any). Finances- I'd do whatever it takes to not change my number. In this day of go fund me's and what not, there's just no way I'd risk my child trying to call me and not being able to reach me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: They could have had to, due to harassment or finances. If another immediate family member has a phone number that the missing person knows, then I don't see the big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:17 AM
There are assholes everywhere. Or they could get unending calls from "psychics", false or mistaken tips, calls from private investigators, lonely people, nutjobs, pranks, random dick pics, etc and not all phones/plans have an unlimited amount of numbers they can block. You say you would endure the harassment, but if you were receiving so many useless calls/texts/voicemails that it interfered with your job or ability to communicate with your family, you might change your mind. I honestly wouldn't have thought of this issue before, but a friend had to change her number after finding a dog (one that was obviously someone's pet) without ID or contact information, so she made a post on FB, made it shareable. At least one person took a screenshot and posted it to other forums, so it reached an even broader audience. The owner saw the dog on someone's FB feed, and the dog was reunited with the owner in a few hours, but after a week, my friend was still getting calls about the dog and calls mentioning the post but not related to the dog. It was insane. I don't know how common that is, but my friend probably wasn't the only one to experience it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hmmm...I'd endure the harassment (though I'm not sure why you think there'd be any). Finances- I'd do whatever it takes to not change my number. In this day of go fund me's and what not, there's just no way I'd risk my child trying to call me and not being able to reach me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: They could have had to, due to harassment or finances. If another immediate family member has a phone number that the missing person knows, then I don't see the big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:20 AM

I am assuming it was a cell phone and maybe they couldn't pay the bill it got disconnected and when they could get another they had to get another number.  Happens all the time.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)