Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If all you have is the name of their church

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

that they say on facebook that they attend, can they be served? It's not a divorce issue but a legal issue. Don't have an address at this time. Maybe wasting my time.  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Dude.....just search them on Google.
merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Sheriff can serve them anywhere they can be found.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:09 AM

Tried. 

Quoting shadow_lark: Dude.....just search them on Google.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Give the process server the name of the church
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:23 AM

No, they will not just wait at a church and see if they see someone.  They typically will only serve at a place of work or home.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:26 AM

I haven't even talked to a lawyer or anyone from a legal point yet. I just figured without an address, I couldn't even begin with the first step. 

You can't get blood out of a turnip but friends have said to try to get a judgement against them at least. They have one already from our mangement company for rent. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Give the process server the name of the church

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:29 AM

I am pretty sure that there is a lawyer involved.

If you say  John Jones who is 30 years old  and attends First Strreet  Happy Church in Santa Monica, Cali.

The first thing the lawyer will do is have the paralegal call  to see if they have a John jones in their roster. and make sure it is not a 90 year old man.

They can suppena the address or actually a  process server can actually go to the church if necessary.  They would obviously need a photo.

The more information you have the more likely your person is to be located and served.

If you have not contacted a lawyer, do so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:45 AM
They'll work with what they got.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I haven't even talked to a lawyer or anyone from a legal point yet. I just figured without an address, I couldn't even begin with the first step. 

You can't get blood out of a turnip but friends have said to try to get a judgement against them at least. They have one already from our mangement company for rent. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Give the process server the name of the church

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 1:00 AM

There is no lawyer and I know many of you are not lawyers just as you are not doctors. Just wondering if anyone has gone down this road? Is it even worth it and what can be done? 

Part of the problem is that my husband doesn't want to pursue this because it might end up costing us more than what we will get, which is why I said that you can't get blood out of a turnip. I don't have an address because they were evicted and so the only info I have is some numbers from my new property manager that has been helping us get the house back in shape to put on the market. She gave me the ledger of what she had from his records. My old property manager didn't keep good books. We didn't live in the same state so no, I could not check up on him. He didn't apparently do any inspections. He didn't kick them out when I told him to. He spoke with dh about rent being late once and asked if he had permission to give them an ultimatum. This is a learning lesson for us. We had some things covered but you live and learn. So I am just asking on here as how the process goes. We were wanting to move back after dh retired. So we hired a property manager to protect us while we were gone but who turned out be a jerk that screwed us too. Now we are trying to repair and going to sell. My current property manager said that they need the final cost of all of the repairs before we could go after them. They have been working with us to get the repairs done by hiring companies they are familiar with their work near them. It's been a long process. I would like to see a judgment against the ex tenants so that the next person they try to rent from, can see more than one bad reference. He didn't check theirs or didn't care if he did. My new property manager let me know the tenants ran into the garage of the previous landlord too as I stood there seeing the big dent in ours. She said they didn't even bother to cover up the dent this time. Yes, there is more that they did to our property but I was trying to keep this simple and short. I have tried to look them up and only found her on facebook. Don't want to do anything that would look like I was even attempting of harassing them. Thanks for your advice. 

Quoting Anonymous 4:

If you say  John Jones who is 30 years old  and attends First Strreet  Happy Church in Santa Monica, Cali.

The first thing the lawyer will do is have the paralegal call  to see if they have a John jones in their roster. and make sure it is not a 90 year old man.

They can suppena the address or actually a  process server can actually go to the church if necessary.  They would obviously need a photo.

The more information you have the more likely your person is to be located and served.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 1:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

There is no lawyer and I know many of you are not lawyers just as you are not doctors. Just wondering if anyone has gone down this road? Is it even worth it and what can be done? 

Part of the problem is that my husband doesn't want to pursue this because it might end up costing us more than what we will get, which is why I said that you can't get blood out of a turnip. I don't have an address because they were evicted and so the only info I have is some numbers from my new property manager that has been helping us get the house back in shape to put on the market. She gave me the ledger of what she had from his records. My old property manager didn't keep good books. We didn't live in the same state so no, I could not check up on him. He didn't apparently do any inspections. He didn't kick them out when I told him to. He spoke with dh about rent being late once and asked if he had permission to give them an ultimatum. This is a learning lesson for us. We had some things covered but you live and learn. So I am just asking on here as how the process goes. We were wanting to move back after dh retired. So we hired a property manager to protect us while we were gone but who turned out be a jerk that screwed us too. Now we are trying to repair and going to sell. My current property manager said that they need the final cost of all of the repairs before we could go after them. They have been working with us to get the repairs done by hiring companies they are familiar with their work near them. It's been a long process. I would like to see a judgment against the ex tenants so that the next person they try to rent from, can see more than one bad reference. He didn't check theirs or didn't care if he did. My new property manager let me know the tenants ran into the garage of the previous landlord too as I stood there seeing the big dent in ours. She said they didn't even bother to cover up the dent this time. Yes, there is more that they did to our property but I was trying to keep this simple and short. I have tried to look them up and only found her on facebook. Don't want to do anything that would look like I was even attempting of harassing them. Thanks for your advice. 

Quoting Anonymous 4:

What seems like a hundred years ago we were buying a house. We thought we were smart and bought a house that was under priced and had not sold in a couple years.  Our first house lol.

We were there about two years and DH's work moved him and gave us less than a month.  We got it on the market and had  little activity.  We had done some work so were hopeful.  It was really lovely with stained glass in some of the windows.  We put it with a broker/property manager and after six months of paying two house payments (basically) she finally had someone who wanted to rent and have and option to buy.  We agreed.  We were 4 states away and the property manager was supposed to take care of it.  In the end they were 3 months in arrears when the bank finally told us and there was extensive damage.  They picked up and left.  We did talk to alawyer and he basically told us that we could sue.  We might even win the judgement   and he could see no reason why we would not, but we would probably not see a penny of it and we would have his fees as well.  He did draft a letter to the property manager telling her that she had not done the job she was contracted for and paid for and that  she was being notified that she was no longer in control of the poperty.  It demanded the repayment of her fees for the last three months (since those were the ones that  she allowed the delinquency) and the keys or we would prosecute.  He said if he took her to court we might be able to cover his fee with what we got from her even if we threw in her negligency  ended up in the damage to the property but the letter might move her to  do it on her own.

She did and  we went to the bank and made the loan right wwith them and worked with them and someone they recommended and it was sold about a year later after a years rental.

So with what you are saying, I would agree that you are probably not going to get anything from them BUT you did get an eviction and you can put that on the recods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)