Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day 2 of breastfeeding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
And my breast are still very soft. I remember being engorged by now weith my last 2 children. Im not very worried, i know it can take up to 5 days just curious if it means my milk has yet to come in?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2017 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:02 AM
It could mean that your milk hasn't come in yet. It could also mean that you have a very efficient nurser! Just watch for wet diapers. Don't worry about anything else besides diaper count right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:00 AM
Ok, hes passed 3 meconium and no pee yet

Quoting Anonymous 2: It could mean that your milk hasn't come in yet. It could also mean that you have a very efficient nurser! Just watch for wet diapers. Don't worry about anything else besides diaper count right now.
Calliope1921
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:49 AM

With all three of my pregnancies, it took around 3 days.

Give it time. Is this your first?

Never mind, I read your post again. This is baby three.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:52 AM

I've heard that you don't always get engorged with later children. Your boobs are more used to it by now. I'd go by diaper count and weight gain. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:52 AM

No pee at all? Are you still in the hospital? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok, hes passed 3 meconium and no pee yet
Quoting Anonymous 2: It could mean that your milk hasn't come in yet. It could also mean that you have a very efficient nurser! Just watch for wet diapers. Don't worry about anything else besides diaper count right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM
Yes still in the hospital, he just peed though.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM

He should have 2 pees and 1 poop today and you're all good!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes still in the hospital, he just peed though.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:45 AM

That is normal, it might not be in yet. With my firs the milk was in before I left the hospital but with my 2nd ds I lost a lot of blood during labor due to a bad rip a because of the loss of blood it took longer for my milk to come in. I had to pump every few hours to help get it to come in faster, and I gave the baby a few oz of formula while I was pumping to make sure he was getting enough to eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)