Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's a good gift for a group?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
I want to send something to my former coworkers, from a job I left this year. I worked there for 10+ years so I spent a lot of time with some of these people, but I'm not a very social person and I'm VERY different from them. I care about them but we weren't close enough for me to feel comfortable sending individual gifts to anyone, (plus I'd have to pick out who got gifts and who didn't and I'm sure someone would wonder why they were overlooked!). I'd like to send something at Christmas just to let them know I miss them, I'm thinking of them. I thought about a nice box of chocolates but that seems kind of cliché, plus I know one of the ladies would hog the chocolate and wouldn't even appreciate it. Any other ideas?

Edit: I see a lot of you are suggesting food, I've moved overseas so sending food is very tricky unless it's something like chocolates. (My fingers typed donuts, I meant chocolates.)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:04 AM
Fruit or snack basket. I think www.baskets.com is the site I used a long time ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:06 AM
Lunch from panera?
Cookie brownie platter from a local bakery?
Coffee bagels & donuts?

Food. My idea is food.
mommylife34
by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:11 AM
Some kind of snack basket but honestly if you don't keep in touch anymore just send a card with greetings and that you miss them. Sometimes you think of people but they don't think of you but some kind of snack basket or bagels cream cheese and coffee and orange juice is good too like from Einsteins if you have one

Quoting Anonymous 1: I want to send something to my former coworkers, from a job I left this year. I worked there for 10+ years so I spent a lot of time with some of these people, but I'm not a very social person and I'm VERY different from them. I care about them but we weren't close enough for me to feel comfortable sending individual gifts to anyone, (plus I'd have to pick out who got gifts and who didn't and I'm sure someone would wonder why they were overlooked!). I'd like to send something at Christmas just to let them know I miss them, I'm thinking of them. I thought about a nice box of chocolates but that seems kind of cliché, plus I know one of the ladies would hog the chocolate and wouldn't even appreciate it. Any other ideas?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:17 AM

send food that is always appreciated at work even if its a few pizzas or a sanwhich tray they will be very suprised and happy i know i would be

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:18 AM
I moved away so sending food is tricky unless it's something like chocolates. Also everyone works different schedules so a lunch wouldn't work either way.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lunch from panera?
Coffee bagels & donuts?

Food. My idea is food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:22 AM
Some of them and I "keep in touch" on Facebook but mostly that's just liking pictures of each others kids/pets.

Quoting mommylife34: Some kind of snack basket but honestly if you don't keep in touch anymore just send a card with greetings and that you miss them. Sometimes you think of people but they don't think of you but some kind of snack basket or bagels cream cheese and coffee and orange juice is good too like from Einsteins if you have one

Quoting Anonymous 1: I want to send something to my former coworkers, from a job I left this year. I worked there for 10+ years so I spent a lot of time with some of these people, but I'm not a very social person and I'm VERY different from them. I care about them but we weren't close enough for me to feel comfortable sending individual gifts to anyone, (plus I'd have to pick out who got gifts and who didn't and I'm sure someone would wonder why they were overlooked!). I'd like to send something at Christmas just to let them know I miss them, I'm thinking of them. I thought about a nice box of chocolates but that seems kind of cliché, plus I know one of the ladies would hog the chocolate and wouldn't even appreciate it. Any other ideas?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:27 AM
Send some cannisters of gourmet popcorn in different flavors.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:27 AM
A gift basket
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:29 AM
Order them lunch from some place that delivers. Panera Bread, Jason's Deli, Chinese, etc..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:29 AM
A lot of places will deliver to offices. I would go the food route. Easy and available for everyone.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I moved away so sending food is tricky unless it's something like chocolates. Also everyone works different schedules so a lunch wouldn't work either way.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lunch from panera?
Coffee bagels & donuts?

Food. My idea is food.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)