Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New phone over winter coats

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

My idiot sister just replaced her iphone instead of buying her two children winter coats. Definitely winter weather where they live and they don't have winter coats!

Guess fb is more important.

We bought them coats and hats and mittens because I asked when she was getting them winter stuff and she said when she could afford it. Take care of your kids! Kids>iphone. It's not rocket science.

And no she doesn't need her phone for work.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:02 AM
Thank goodness you stepped in. Your sister needs to grow up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:04 AM
5 moms liked this
She probably got the iPhone because she could depend upon you to buy the coats for her kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:05 AM

I don't know why she would think that. In the past she's gotten them coats from thrift stores. I don't know why it's different this year except that this year she has a boyfriend.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She probably got the iPhone because she could depend upon you to buy the coats for her kids.

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:05 AM
She was probably counting in the fact that you or a charity would do it for her. That's sad. Glad the kids have family to help them.
PerfectRelapse
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:06 AM
Maybe it was contract and she got it for free? I know some plans and companies have that as an option.
Southern_Song
by Jo on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:07 AM
Well, she's a selfish twit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Yup, and that's more of a reason why I wouldn't have helped her low down dirty ass. You shouldn't have bought her kid's anything when clearly she can afford to do so herself. If a person sees/knows that someone will help them when they clearly don't need help they will continue to do irresponsible shit knowing that that person will come to the rescue. I would've felt bad for the kids but it's not like the kid's are looking for you as the aunt to help they are looking at mom.

Oh, how I wish I could grow some balls and stop putting my kid's before myself but how do I do that? I'll rather not have a winter coat vs my kid's not having a winter coat.

My 5 year old sons coat messed up this month so I had to go online and buy him another coat thank God I caught the coat on sale for only $45 bucks if I hadn't caught the coat on sale it Would've been $65 bucks.

I will always put my kid's before my own needs.

For her to go and buy a new phone vs buying her kids a coat goes to show you that she can infact afford to have bought them coats so I wouldn't have bought her kid's anything

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I don't know why she would think that. In the past she's gotten them coats from thrift stores. I don't know why it's different this year except that this year she has a boyfriend.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She probably got the iPhone because she could depend upon you to buy the coats for her kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

It's been super cold there. I'd rather be taken for granted and enable her and have my niece and nephew be warm than have them suffer waiting for her to get around to it.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Yup, and that's more of a reason why I wouldn't have helped her low down dirty ass. You shouldn't have bought her kid's anything when clearly she can afford to do so herself. If a person sees/knows that someone will help them when they clearly don't need help they will continue to do irresponsible shit knowing that that person will come to the rescue. I would've felt bad for the kids but it's not like the kid's are looking for you as the aunt to help they are looking at mom. Oh, how I wish I could grow some balls and stop putting my kid's before myself but how do I do that? I'll rather not have a winter coat vs my kid's not having a winter coat. My 5 year old sons coat messed up this month so I had to go online and buy him another coat thank God I caught the coat on sale for only $45 bucks if I hadn't caught the coat on sale it Would've been $65 bucks. I will always put my kid's before my own needs. For her to go and buy a new phone vs buying her kids a coat goes to show you that she can infact afford to have bought them coats so I wouldn't have bought her kid's anything
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:32 AM

Where I live it's very cold and yet kids go without because their parents put their needs first. It's not just a problem with needing a new phone but people who do drugs, smoke, drink will always put those needs before their kids. It always amazes me the amount of people who are, always broke and have hungry kids or under dreassed kids, always have their own needs met first. 

MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:35 AM
I feel the same way. I don’t think this would ever be an issue but if my nephew/nieces needed I’d do it in a heartbeat. I’d rather be an anaerthen have them freeze.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

It's
been super cold there. I'd rather be taken for granted and enable her
and have my niece and nephew be warm than have them suffer waiting for
her to get around to it.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Yup, and that's more of a reason why I wouldn't have helped her low down dirty ass. You shouldn't have bought her kid's anything when clearly she can afford to do so herself. If a person sees/knows that someone will help them when they clearly don't need help they will continue to do irresponsible shit knowing that that person will come to the rescue. I would've felt bad for the kids but it's not like the kid's are looking for you as the aunt to help they are looking at mom.

Oh, how I wish I could grow some balls and stop putting my kid's before myself but how do I do that? I'll rather not have a winter coat vs my kid's not having a winter coat.

My 5 year old sons coat messed up this month so I had to go online and buy him another coat thank God I caught the coat on sale for only $45 bucks if I hadn't caught the coat on sale it Would've been $65 bucks.

I will always put my kid's before my own needs.

For her to go and buy a new phone vs buying her kids a coat goes to show you that she can infact afford to have bought them coats so I wouldn't have bought her kid's anything

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)