Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I fear getting old my confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I know the only alternative Is dying young but getting old has always been a fear of mine. Now even more so. I work with elderly people. And I see first hand them needing help doing every day stuff we take for granted. Cooking, cleaning. Washing clothes, driving. Even using the bathroom , showering or walking from one room to the next without the assistance of someone or a device. I fear being like that.

That's my confession.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Southern_Song
by Jo on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Im with you on that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Same here and I work in a nursing home. I never want to live in one.
Love2sonshines
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:31 AM
Just remember it's all a process, just try to relax and enjoy what each stage has to offer.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:34 AM

I don't think any of us is looking forward to old age.

If one is healthy, it wouldn't be bad, though.

Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:42 AM
I am almost 48, so far from a spring chicken lol. I don't want to get old, but if I don't die young like my sister did, I will get old. But instead of concentrating on what will happen in the future, I prefer to concentrate on now. Like enjoying my family, spending as much time with those I love especially DH as I can. We do not get years back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:43 AM

My confession; I read this title 3 times before I understood it. Punctuation matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:43 AM
This is why I care for my mil I refuse to stick her or even my own mom in a home. MIL fears anyone else so home with us she'll be.
mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:43 AM
Me too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:46 AM
My fear is to lose my looks :( I know very superficial.
MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:48 AM

If you want to maintain independence and the ability to care for yourself you need to invest in your health.  Stay active and fit, control your weight, make healthy food choices and get regular check ups.  You can't prevent aging or all health issues, but there is a lot your can do to increase your odds of a long healthy life.

You can also stay connected to family, friends and community.  Volunteer, join a charity or church and give of your time. Having a support system makes your older years more enjoyable and meaningful.  

I'm around lots of seniors everyday and I see a huge difference in quality of life.  Those who contribute get back much in return.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)