Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's of babies and small children come here.

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:39 PM
  • 54 Replies
How do you manage a toddler that needs constant attention, refuses to sleep in her own bed, and is attached to you at all times...while still keeping up a love life with your other half?

Because my husband is mad at me now.
by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KitschyAF
by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:42 PM

I used to have a pack and play next to the bed. I'd let baby fall asleep with me, then move them to the pack and play. When baby woke up, back with me, then back to the pack and play. I did this until they got used to waking up in the pack and play. Then I started putting baby down to bed there, instead of with me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:43 PM
That's just a phase toddlers go through. Your husband just needs to realize toddler's needs come before his wants sometimes. Find a good sitter so you can still connect as a couple.
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I would put my toddler in her bed anyway
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, they will only be little for a short time.  My husband knew damn well that he simply had to wait or when they napped we would have quickies.  

Bitemebetty
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
We just waited it out and made time when we could. We both understand that guy little for a short time. And we make the most of the time we have together I really enjoy those moments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:46 PM
I'm single so I didn't have to choose. Why wouldn't the baby want to be with you as much as he does if not need it more.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM
I've been doing something like this. I let her fall asleep with me then move her into her bed. Then I go back to get her when she cries.

Quoting KitschyAF:

I used to have a pack and play next to the bed. I'd let baby fall asleep with me, then move them to the pack and play. When baby woke up, back with me, then back to the pack and play. I did this until they got used to waking up in the pack and play. Then I started putting baby down to bed there, instead of with me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this
My children were never allowed in our bed. It's extremely unsafe. I see why your husband is mad.
KitschyAF
by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:48 PM

It might be a little less exhausting if her bed is next to yours at least for a while. Good luck.

Quoting AliKatAK47: I've been doing something like this. I let her fall asleep with me then move her into her bed. Then I go back to get her when she cries.
Quoting KitschyAF:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:50 PM

I've got 4 kids and I never had this issue
my kids slept in a crib in our room until about 1yr...then they moved into their own room....when they got a little older we traded out the crib for a toddler bed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)