Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I over reacting?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
We are a 1 vehicle house. DH needed it for work. No biggie. He usually takes it and I take a bus when needed. I'm a sahm so it's not a huge issue.

Today, I had to go pick up an elf on the shelf I won on an auction site. I took my 4 yr old on the bus to grab it. Afterwards, I got off the bus at the grocery store to grab some dinner ingredients. I meant to take the next bus home, but, we missed it. I opted to take a $6 cab home instead of waiting 45 mins for the next bus or walking with heavy bags. Unfortunately, like a moron, I forgot my phone in the cab! :(

So, I call the cab company using my home phone. It took a long while to get through. They finally tracked down the driver who did have my phone. He called and told me that he would turn it in after his shift tonight and I could pick it up at the office, however, if could take up to 48 hrs from tomorrow to get it due to paperwork. That or he could bring it right away for $20. I said to bring it. I need my phone. It's also my wallet. My id, bank card, credit card, everything is in there!

Annoyed, I called my DH. Just wanted to vent, really. He was pissed that the cabbie was charging so much. I agreed it was slimy but whatever. He then said that we should have just bought an elf from the store because it ended up costing us more. I said that's not necessarily true because I'd have ended up going to the grocery store anyways seeing as we have nothing to cook for tonight. He says that he could have picked something up. I reminded him of how annoyed he gets when I ask him to pick shit up and how I basically walk 2 km daily to get our meals. He started saying how that's not always true, how I should have been more careful, blah blah blah. I said whatever. What's done is done. Hindsight is better than foresight. Yeah, I fucked up. But I'm lucky as hell! Someone could have just scooped my phone, he could have kept it, or he could have refused to bring it back at all. In the grand scheme of things it's just $20 fucking dollars. Not that big of a... He cuts me off and says "okay, bye" in an indignant tone and hangs up on me.

Seriously, wtf?! (For the record, I always swear. It wasn't even directed at him!) I texted him to grow up. He's acting like he did no wrong. I'm ignoring his dumb ass. But really. He knows how much I despise when anyone hangs up like that. Such a bitch move.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you guys still in high school?  Because you’re both acting like you’re still in high school.

KitschyAF
by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:18 PM

It really doesn't matter if it wouldn't have been less to buy the Elf, you had no idea this would happen. What's done is done. I would drop the argument at this point. You left your phone on accident.

happyolechimp
by vera on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:18 PM
carry a purse...you'll not lose wallet in the purse ...hopefully
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:18 PM
Well is your budget tight?
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait how did you text him if you don’t have your phone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
The sad part is I WAS carrying a purse!!! I pulled out my phone to pay the cab and put it in my purse, then, started gathering my kid and her crap. I must have tipped it and the phone fell out. I'm going to zip the dam thing from now on! Lesson learned!

Quoting happyolechimp: carry a purse...you'll not lose wallet in the purse ...hopefully
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:21 PM
Tge cab showed up right after he hung up on me. I paid the $20 fee and then texted him to grow up.

Quoting JDMlover: Wait how did you text him if you don’t have your phone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:22 PM
Not really. I mean, we aren't loaded but we are comfortable. We won't go without due to a lousy $20. Not even close!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well is your budget tight?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:23 PM

Oh Lordy!  You 2 sound like petty teenagers fighting over nonsense. :-(

MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:23 PM
Just let it go. You guys are gonna keep going back and forth with this upset thing, just drop it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)