Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
New here thought I would post anonymously. I have nowhere else I can turn. And I need to vent. I posted This awhile ago in a closed group on a different site looking for advice and I only got judged.

I’ve been with my husband off and on since I was 14, we have 3 kids and I’m pregnant. I can’t stand him, it doesn’t matter how hard I try to escape him, he is always right there.

I’ve tried leaving my reservation to get away from him but living off of my reservation is hard. When I am off I can barely afford a living for my kids and I, They stop a lot of my funding for school and money, I cannot afford for people to watch my kids. When I am back on the reservation he can do whatever he wants to me and get away with it. I have no help from the police because him, his brother and cousin are the police. His uncle is the chief. He is never held responsible here. Only time he has ever been held responsible and has been in trouble is when he was down in the cities with me but that didn’t last long, when he got out he just went back to the reservation after.

I’m so tired of everything even when we are not living together on the reservation he still comes into my home and does whatever he please. I’ve changed my locks, he’s busted down my door each time and beat the crap out of me. Everyone tells me it’s my fault, that I know how he is and not to upset him, I should of kept my mouth shut, not to talk back, not to stand up to him and fight back.

A lot of people the don’t want to get involved because of who him and his family is he has a brother that lives off of the reservation. When he is around he won’t stand for any of what his brother does but it only makes it worst when he leaves. I do understand the other’s reasoning for not getting involved but it hurts that all the blame is placed on me. I will admit that yes I do talk back, I say things I shouldn’t. I know how he is and what he thinks of women, it just gets so tiring.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:00 PM

Image result for native americans with white man scalps

Im not telling you to commit a crime but you have the right to defend yourself....when he is alseep

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:06 PM
So get a job?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:07 PM
I would go to jail. His family would make sure of it.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Image result for native americans with white man scalps

Im not telling you to commit a crime but you have the right to defend yourself....when he is alseep

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:09 PM
I have job.

Quoting Anonymous 3: So get a job?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:11 PM
Do you want your sons to treat women this way when they grow up? Do you want your daughters to be okay with being treated this way? Get out now. Go to a battered women's shelter in the city. Get your kids away from this toxic family and way of living. You all deserve more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:18 PM
I know that this is a shockingly ignorant question, but, is there another reservation that you can go to?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:23 PM
No I don’t want my son’s to ever think it’s ok for them to abuse a women and I never want to see my daughter in this situation. I’ve tried hard so many times to take them out of this environment but we always end up back here.

No one in the cities can help me . When it comes down to custody with my kids, the tribe still has jurisdiction over what happens.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Do you want your sons to treat women this way when they grow up? Do you want your daughters to be okay with being treated this way? Get out now. Go to a battered women's shelter in the city. Get your kids away from this toxic family and way of living. You all deserve more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:25 PM

You have to find your big girl panties and leave.  If you continue to stay and live through this it is your fault.  Where there is a will there is a way.  Start with a battered woman's shelter and go from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:25 PM
No it doesn’t work like that.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I know that this is a shockingly ignorant question, but, is there another reservation that you can go to?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:28 PM

I think they only have jurisdiction if the kids go into custody with the state to be adopted or DCF takes them.  You can leave with them as you are their mother.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No I don’t want my son’s to ever think it’s ok for them to abuse a women and I never want to see my daughter in this situation. I’ve tried hard so many times to take them out of this environment but we always end up back here. No one in the cities can help me . When it comes down to custody with my kids, the tribe still has jurisdiction over what happens.
Quoting Anonymous 4: Do you want your sons to treat women this way when they grow up? Do you want your daughters to be okay with being treated this way? Get out now. Go to a battered women's shelter in the city. Get your kids away from this toxic family and way of living. You all deserve more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)