Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you ask family what they want for Christmas, do you get what they want or something else?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have 3 adult daughters and an adult son. I asked them to make up a wish list on Amazon, and they did. I just don't understand why they pick what they did, So I'm thinking of going away from the list and getting what I think would be better. My son asked for neat things and won't stray from his list, But the Girls' lists just don't make sense to me. Their ideas are just cheap things they can buy themselves. As their mom I want to give them nice things they won't buy themselves, and told them that. I told them not to think about price, just make a list of all the things you really would like to have. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:06 PM
I get them what they want, I don't like miscellaneous clutter and prefer things I'll actually use, I assume others are the same.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh FFS why bother asking if your just going to ignore what they want because YOU dont think its acceptable?
It's about what THEY want not wahat YOU think they should be asking for !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:10 PM

Why should I get them towels, they have plenty.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Oh FFS why bother asking if your just going to ignore what they want because YOU dont think its acceptable? It's about what THEY want not wahat YOU think they should be asking for !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Because it's something THEY Want?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Why should I get them towels, they have plenty.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Oh FFS why bother asking if your just going to ignore what they want because YOU dont think its acceptable?
It's about what THEY want not wahat YOU think they should be asking for !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:12 PM
Well my dad wanted the movie Kingdom of Heaven. I got him that, I’m getting him coffee and I also got him a book about the movie because I want him to have one surprise (we always get him coffee)
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:12 PM
I typically get them what they ask for (within reason), I don’t question why they want what they do. They asked and that’s all that matters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:13 PM
I get exactly what they want if they tell me. That’s just how my family is. My family members would take us to the mall and let us buy whatever we wanted but we obviously had to wait until Christmas to get it. I always loved that.

In your case I’d just buy the girls the top of the line version of whatever they picked.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:14 PM
I get them what they want
merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:14 PM
Why do you have to approve? If you ask them to make a list then choose from it. If you feel the items cheap just buy more items.
2blessed2bitch
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:15 PM
Why not get something they want and then surprise them with something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)