Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone elses son have this birth defect?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Hypospadias? My son was born with this and im wondering what if any accommidations your child needs and if there have been any complications it has caused your child?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:47 PM
My friend’s baby was born with this. I havent seen her in a while, but when her son was born she didn’t seem too freaked out by it. How severe is your son’s case?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:49 PM
My cousin's son had this and had corrective surgery at close to a year.
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:49 PM
No but here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:50 PM
What is it
stacey541
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:50 PM
My son had a mild case, urethral opening still on the head, just at the very bottom of it-no chordee. Only had the top half of foreskin. We were initially going to leave it unrepaired due to it only being cosmetic. Once he turned 1 and started walking, things rubbed just right and he had a tissue build up that mostly closed his urethra. He needed surgery pretty quick to open that up at a minimum, and we went ahead and did the hypospadias repair at that point. No problems since, he is 8.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:51 PM

what kind of medications did you take while preggo?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:51 PM
My dh was born with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:52 PM

No, but here is a bump.

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:54 PM

My son was born with that, he was not able to be circumcised. Otherwise he pees just fine. He peed on the doctor when he was born. That's how I know it works LOL 

He has other special needs so that particular thing is not a major concern for us. He doesn't have an blockage etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:55 PM
The dr did not seem very concerned about it but told us not to circumcise because he may need the foreskin he does have for future reconstructive surgery.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My friend’s baby was born with this. I havent seen her in a while, but when her son was born she didn’t seem too freaked out by it. How severe is your son’s case?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)