Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow way to treat your family for Thanksgiving!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
My brother and his wife decided to go out of town to Texas for Thanksgiving. They don't know anybody there. They are eatimg Thanmsgiving dinner at some restaurant. Their reason? They want more "alone time" as a family. I think it's bullshit. My mother is SO upset right now and depressed. Pisses me off they are being so selfish.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:17 AM
They have the right to celebrate in any way they chose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:17 AM
7 moms liked this
They are grown adults and not obligated to spend Thanksgiving the way you, your mother, or anyone else thinks they should.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

omg they can do what they want... if that means doing a thanksgiving with just them that's what it means. 

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:19 AM

They can celebrate it how they choose but I can see why your family would be saddened by this choice as well.  

mommylife34
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:21 AM
That's their right to do as they please if you're so worried about it go to your moms yourself. You don't need to be forced to sit at a family table when you also have your own family

Quoting Anonymous 1: My brother and his wife decided to go out of town to Texas for Thanksgiving. They don't know anybody there. They are eatimg Thanmsgiving dinner at some restaurant. Their reason? They want more "alone time" as a family. I think it's bullshit. My mother is SO upset right now and depressed. Pisses me off they are being so selfish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:21 AM
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:21 AM
My husband and I have spent very few Thanksgivings with family, most of the time we stay home because he has to work the day after. We try to go see family at Christmas time.
I’m sure you all will survive one thanksgiving without your brother and his family.
mommylife34
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:22 AM
That's their right to do as they please if you're so worried about it go to your moms yourself. You all will live

Quoting Anonymous 1: My brother and his wife decided to go out of town to Texas for Thanksgiving. They don't know anybody there. They are eatimg Thanmsgiving dinner at some restaurant. Their reason? They want more "alone time" as a family. I think it's bullshit. My mother is SO upset right now and depressed. Pisses me off they are being so selfish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:22 AM
I'd wonder why they'd choose a restaurant over family.

What did y'all do to them?
merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:23 AM
Who cares? There’s no rule that says grown adults have to spend thanksgiving with others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)