Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gluten Intolerance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
Is this real? I have always thought it was the new lifestyle fad.

I was diagnosed with dermatitis herpietiformis. Now what? I need to go gluten free? Sounds like a pain. My kids also have acne/eczema that's probably the same thing. I'm not even sure I can go gluten free. It sounds like a disaster. Help!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:34 AM
My daughter legit has to be gluten free. It’s actually not as much of a pain as I thought it would be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:35 AM
Where did you even start? I have no idea every little thing that has gluten in it. It's stressing me out.

Quoting merrysgirls: My daughter legit has to be gluten free. It�s actually not as much of a pain as I thought it would be.
merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:37 AM
Well we just stopped having bread, pasta, etc. focused on veggies, potatoes and meat. We still do pasta, crackers, etc and just get the gluten free kind for her. Same with waffles, chicken nuggets, etc. we use a lot of corn tortillas.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Where did you even start? I have no idea every little thing that has gluten in it. It's stressing me out.

Quoting merrysgirls: My daughter legit has to be gluten free. It�s actually not as much of a pain as I thought it would be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:38 AM
It's very real. My son is very allergic to wheat, so we are gluten free for the most part. It's not easy, or a pain as you put it, but it's not a choice when it comes to my sons health.
JRP14
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:40 AM
Question: my son is inviting a little boy from school to his birthday party. He is on a gluten free diet as well. I don't know how many other kids from his class are GF that he invited, but I would like to do a GF cake for everyone. What's the difference taste wise?

Quoting merrysgirls: Well we just stopped having bread, pasta, etc. focused on veggies, potatoes and meat. We still do pasta, crackers, etc and just get the gluten free kind for her. Same with waffles, chicken nuggets, etc. we use a lot of corn tortillas.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Where did you even start? I have no idea every little thing that has gluten in it. It's stressing me out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:40 AM
Yeah these symptoms are no fun at all. I just don't know what I'm doing. Had to be diagnosed 2 days before thanksgiving too

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's very real. My son is very allergic to wheat, so we are gluten free for the most part. It's not easy, or a pain as you put it, but it's not a choice when it comes to my sons health.
merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:41 AM
Well I buy the GF mix and can’t really notice. For my daughter I usually just get a normal cake and then buy her a couple GF cupcakes

Quoting JRP14: Question: my son is inviting a little boy from school to his birthday party. He is on a gluten free diet as well. I don't know how many other kids from his class are GF that he invited, but I would like to do a GF cake for everyone. What's the difference taste wise?

Quoting merrysgirls: Well we just stopped having bread, pasta, etc. focused on veggies, potatoes and meat. We still do pasta, crackers, etc and just get the gluten free kind for her. Same with waffles, chicken nuggets, etc. we use a lot of corn tortillas.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:42 AM
Cake vs a dry sponge is what I imagine lol

Quoting JRP14: Question: my son is inviting a little boy from school to his birthday party. He is on a gluten free diet as well. I don't know how many other kids from his class are GF that he invited, but I would like to do a GF cake for everyone. What's the difference taste wise?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:44 AM
I don't believe that. Otherwise you'd just get gf for everyone it's easier and inclusive. I think it tastes odd.

Quoting merrysgirls: Well I buy the GF mix and can’t really notice. For my daughter I usually just get a normal cake and then buy her a couple GF cupcakes

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:45 AM
3 moms liked this
It's not. Sometimes the texture can be a little different, but usually not. Gluten free has come a long way in a short amount of time!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Cake vs a dry sponge is what I imagine lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)