Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My opinion on cheating

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this
After 30 years together, DH still gets mad at me when I say this, but it is how I feel.

If DH were to ever cheat on me, I wouldnt be angry and I probably wouldnt leave him. He would have to leave me.

If he cheats, then that is the path he was meant to be on, there would be a reason for it. He would obviously be feeling like he is missing something in his life and was in pursuit of finding it.

As long as my life wasnt disrupted, I honestly would not care. We dont own people.

This came up tonight because one of my married employees is having an affair with another married employee and DH dosent understand why I am not disgusted by it.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:40 AM
4 moms liked this
Eww I have to much self respect,worth,and dignity to stay with a cheater.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I still don't understand how you are simply okay with it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:41 AM
I agree. I really don't see why "cheating" is such a big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:42 AM
I don't think cheating is the worst thing that can happen in marriage, but do you feel the same for yourself? If you were to cheat, would you feel it was justified because you were missing something?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:45 AM
I am not certain that’s a “path” any relationship should be on. I think people are more than capable of controlling themselves. I would be disgusted by the lack of self-control this would demonstrate. I don’t think I would leave a relationship over it, but probably over any related lack of honesty, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:46 AM
I have always been a go with the flow person, in 46 years, I have probably only been angry 5 times. Lol

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:48 AM
Wow, I'm envious. I'm way too tightly wound.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have always been a go with the flow person, in 46 years, I have probably only been angry 5 times. Lol
Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Can you expand on your belief of how leaving would show ownership of someone else?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:49 AM
All actions are justified, or you wouldnt do them in the first place. I havent felt the need to cheat thus far, but if I do, yes, it would mean I am missing something.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I don't think cheating is the worst thing that can happen in marriage, but do you feel the same for yourself? If you were to cheat, would you feel it was justified because you were missing something?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:51 AM
If someone is unhappy and there is a quick fix for the unhappiness, self control typically goes out the window.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I am not certain that’s a “path” any relationship should be on. I think people are more than capable of controlling themselves. I would be disgusted by the lack of self-control this would demonstrate. I don’t think I would leave a relationship over it, but probably over any related lack of honesty, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)