Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
What are you doing?

I'm throwing my pernil (pork roast) in the oven at about 6 in the morning to cook low and slow until we have to leave about 1 p.m. Then,we're going to travel up north and have a crappy dinner there, come home warm up my pork roast, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, arroz con gandules (yellow rice with pigeon peas) and empanadas that I made today.

You?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:45 PM
We are cooking to have my mom over around 1-smoking a turkey and all the traditional sides and dessert will be an apple spice cake, then going to see my dad in the nursing home for awhile and then heading to my in laws-his aunts house about 45 min away for an Italian thanksgiving feast...then back to my mother in laws for dessert and drinks (for everyone else-I am 8 months pregnant)
yo_ho
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:47 PM

Going to my parents house, they are making turkey, but having everyone bring something in a crock pot so we can all eat at our leasure.

It different, but we are all going and just hanging out. Should be a blast. My DH and kids are taking their drones, so they can fly them around the property.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:47 PM
I’m hosting my parents, sons & wives & 3 grandkids. We’re doing the traditional turkey, sides, and snacks. I love snacks!
Famousglm714
by Gina on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:47 PM

We are going to MIL's to eat her delicious food and drink. My family is celebrating today. I can't wait to eat. I'm hungry and in need of wine!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:49 PM
DH and I are cooking a traditional thanksgiving dinner for our family of 5.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:28 PM

Gonna go to my grandparents for a little bit. Not really in the mood to be out. They (the rest of the family, not my grandparents) are always late and I'm not up to being out until 11pm.

DH wants to go to Target. We'll see. Maybe we'll go online.

I'm hoping that his mother/brother don't call or text him trying to guilt trip him into going to his mother's house. (Almost 2 decades in and she's never acknowledged us on any given holiday, never acknolwedged the kids birthdays, nothing. She is a toxic person.) But now she's lonely and reaching. That ship has sailed. I hope she has plans that doesn't involve pissing me off.

Southern_Song
by Jo on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:38 PM
I bought donuts that look like turkeys for breakfast. I'll get up about 4:30... Clean, get dressed, most my foods are prepped already. Have my coffee. We'll have donuts and egg nog, then I'll start my appetizers and sweets for snacking on. The parade pre-show will be on then the parade. I start cooking and put my turkey in by 9 am (it's 19 lbs) to eat by 1 ... Then we graze all day, desserts and all. watch football, play football, have a few drinks, then watch the free-form premiers of the kids Christmas movies. Then eventually bed. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:43 PM

We don't live near any family or friends. So its just me and my husband and our 2 kids. I am prepping all the sides today so that tomorrow all I will have to do is throw them in oven. We will get up early to put turkey in oven. Otherwise its a pretty relaxing day. We will just be relaxing and hanging out all day. Will probably eat late afternoon. Watch some movies. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:43 PM

My dd was suppose to come in today and I planned on a small little birthday celebration for her. Today is her 19th birthday.  Buit she's coming tomorrow instead. after she gets here tomorrow we are going to my sil's house where she will cook a crap ton of really good food. My neice will then drink too much alcohol and pick her fight with her sister   sil will ask dh to talk to them and he will give them his you are adults act it speech   then we will have a birthday cake for my sil's grandaughter and then we will come home.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:58 PM

We ordered turkey plates from a place that is doing deliveries tomorrow. I'm not cooking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)