Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$250 for sneakers????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Maybe i'm just to old but I dont see the appeal of such expensive sneakers.   I get spending a lil extra for a good pair that will last but $250.   dd asked her uncle for these sneakes called grapes or black grape or something like that for christmas   He bought them online and said they should be here in a cpl of days.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:51 PM

I don’t get it either, but I’m old too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:51 PM
Why would your DD think it's acceptable to ask a relative for a $250 gift?!
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:53 PM
They are Jordan's. You are paying for the brand name and I agree its stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

DS is in 7th grade and always gets a pair of Jordans for Christmas- this year they are over $220, because he is in a size 12 mens. I am used to buying expensive shoes. Although when I was growing up, we always got shoes from the dollar store or walmart. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:55 PM

That's not alll that bad I guess. I know people who pay more for Jordans. My friend is collector. I don't even wear sneakers. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:55 PM
I don't like spending more than $50 for shoes. But my mom and her fiance love Nikes, and every few months they're sending my son a really nice pair of Nikes, more money than I spend on my shoes. But they're grandparents and love spoiling him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why would your DD think it's acceptable to ask a relative for a $250 gift?!

Because that is the relationship they have.  He is more than okay with buying them expensive gifts and has alwyas made it very clear to them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:55 PM
Love that my kids don't put effort into knowing any brand names and think it's ridiculous to spend money like that.
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:56 PM

I spend roughly $150 on my SD's Nikes-but then again she takes incredible care of her shoes so I don't mind spending the money.

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Yikes. I don't even spend that much on my shoes.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)