Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is mad because I won’t take him to work tomorrow

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 273 Replies
He can’t drive due to a recent surgery. I agreed to take him to work until he can drive again. This was a planned surgery that he’s known about for nearly a year. I told him when he got the dates for his surgery to request the Friday after thanksgiving off. No one in my house has work or school and we have family coming. I don’t want to wake up at 5:30 and take him to work and I don’t want to interrupt family time to pick him up.

Months ago he was saying “it’s too early to request off”. So last month I reminded him again to request off and he said there was no way he was getting that day off as so many others had already put in their requests.

I was pissed! First it was too early and now it’s too late.

I told him I’m sorry but I’m not taking him to work on Friday. I told him to make arrangements and he didn’t. Now he’s mad that he has no ride. If he takes the bus or Uber he has to wake up at 4am to get to work on time. Maybe even earlier if Black Friday traffic causes any issues.

He thought I would give in and asked me again to reconsider taking him on Friday but I’m not doing it. He can be mad all day today, tomorrow, and Friday.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:01 PM
21 moms liked this
I would never put sleep before my kid, but to each their own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:03 PM
Me either

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would never put sleep before my kid, but to each their own.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:03 PM
8 moms liked this

Seriously?  Take the kid to work.

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM
3 moms liked this
I would just get up and take him
And go back to sleep if I have time.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah I would make sure my son got to work but that's just me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM
5 moms liked this

How old is your son? I don't understand why its such a big deal to just give him a ride to and from work. Even if he got his request in on time, a lot of places require their employees to work on Thanksgiving. I think you are being unnecessarily difficult. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM
It’s not putting sleep before him. He won’t die because I want to sleep in on one day.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would never put sleep before my kid, but to each their own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah, you suck.
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM
It seems like he's an adult. That being said if the sun refused to wake up at 5:30 to take his mom to work people would be tearing him to shreds.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:05 PM

How old is this kid?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)