Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not picking them up from the airport!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 237 Replies

My sister and her boyfriend and his kids flew in for Thanksgiving. They are staying with us but I made it clear to them that i couldnt pick them up from the airport. 

Not only do I not have enough room in the car but I also have a million things to do today and I am not wasting 4 hours to go get them. My sister said it wouldnt be an issue because they were going to get a rental car anyway 

Well she called me from the airport and said they decided it wasnt in the budget to get a rental car so I needed to come get them. I told her no. I already told her that I couldnt come get her from the airport. She asked if DH could and I told her no because he is working and we still do NOT have enough space in the car for all of them

She even suggested maybe we get a rental car to come get them. I told her she needed to figure it out. She could get a cab or maybe call around to other family or something

Well she is calling around but is telling everyone that I wont come get her because I am being a bitch. At this point I really dont even want her to come. I was clear from the start that she needed to find her own way here. Just because when she got here she decided she didnt want to spend the money doesnt mean i am being a bitch. 

I am hosting her and her boyfriend and all his kids, who I have never met, and I was happy to do it. That is more than nice enough. 

They have been there for two hours now and she has sent me all kinds of mean and nasty messages. 

I regret saying they could come at all. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You gave her plenty of notice. If she doesn't like it then they can spend Thanksgiving in the airport
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Use Uber or Lyft and send her a van.
LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Thats horrible!!! What is wrong with people and helping out Families. SERIOUSLY!!! Go to the airport and let them squeeze in the damn car!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM
I agree with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this

She can get one herself. If I send it then I am going to end up paying for it 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Use Uber or Lyft and send her a van.

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:16 PM
13 moms liked this
You can't just squeeze into the damn car especially with kids. One person to one seatbelt. If they couldn't afford their transportation then they should have stayed home

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Thats horrible!!! What is wrong with people and helping out Families. SERIOUSLY!!! Go to the airport and let them squeeze in the damn car!!!!

Anonymous
1 mom liked this

9 people are not going to sit in a 4 person car 

Quoting LuvHugs429:

merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. I mean they did pay for an airline flight.

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Anonymous
1 mom liked this

So I am a bitch for being clear with her from the start?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I agree with her.

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:17 PM
5 moms liked this
So she's trying to get you to pay for her rental car.

I wouldn't do it either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)