Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is dreading thanksgiving?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I am so dreading tomorrow. My SO,me and our son are going to my sisters for lunch. She told me my grandmother is supposed to be going. On not to excited because my grandma kinda likes to talk stuff. My own aunt isn't even on talking terms with her either. My grandma has told me she doesn't like my boyfriend just because we received counseling to work out some issues in the past and so she assumes he's not a good person. My mom has told me she just has trouble trusting people because of my grandpa and hers relationship was not great. So I told my boyfriend to just not get to close to her and he should be fine. But I'm so dreading it and I have a feeling my grandma will be talking crap wants we get in the door
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:34 PM
No ours should be fun
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:35 PM
I’m not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:36 PM
I'm half and half. I love my family and the holiday but my toddler is sick and I have my d&c schefuled for Friday but I started spotting so I'm worried tomorrow will end up in a hospital visit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not looking forward to it because I don't like being around my husband's family. However the food will be good and I don't have to cook (aside from taking a side dish) and I'm not cleaning up.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Why does she even know your issues with your SO?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:38 PM
Oh no... I'm so sorry. :(

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm half and half. I love my family and the holiday but my toddler is sick and I have my d&c schefuled for Friday but I started spotting so I'm worried tomorrow will end up in a hospital visit.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

why would gm even know about the counseling?stop letting her know your business..and if mom is the blabbermouth,then dont tell her either..

lily99300
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:39 PM

Me!  However, I am happy about the fact that it will be the last Thanksgiving with my MIL for a few years.  My mother is moving to my city.  Haven't spent a holiday with her or my SD in 12 years.  It's Mom's turn.  MIL has demanded we be there for every Thanksgiving and invites a bunch of assholes.  Oh, how nice it will be when she doesn't get her way next year.  Drama will ensue.  LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:39 PM
About 5 years ago I told my mom and confided in her and she blabbed to my grandma

Quoting alexmom529:

Why does she even know your issues with your SO?

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:40 PM
I'm not excited about it but I'm not dreading it either.

It's a lot of work and overwhelming (I'm the only one who cooks), but the company is okay and there's football!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)