Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD called

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My 19 years old, pregnant DD called today. I kicked her out when she said she didn't want to put the baby up for adoption. I have calmed down now. I am considering changing my mind about the situation. Anyway, she wanted to know if she could still come for Thanksgiving tomorrow and bring her BF. I told her that would be good. The whole family will be together. But I still can't understand why she won't do adoption! She is adopted and one of her siblings is too. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

maybe that is exactly why she doesnt want to put the baby up for adoption.

and I am a HUGE proponant of adoption, but maybe put all judgment aside and hear her out..... 

but dont hear her out tomorrow.  have it be a no adoption/keep conversation.  keep that for a day when you two can sit together and just talk

JRP14
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:42 PM
She's an adult. And even if she wasn't, it's her choice.
MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

The foster care system is already overloaded and understaffed funded as it is. There is no guarantee the child will be adopted at all. Your daughter needs support, not to have the door slammed in her face.

Oldest got pregnant her senior year. Our grandson was born a few months before her 18th birthday. Hubby and I talked about doing everything we could so the kids could graduate HS. Everyone took turns watching the baby while they were at school. That June they graduated with honours. Kiddo and Son-in-law are still together 8 years later. They've never had any public assistance etc. He has a great job in construction, she's almost done with school to be a CPA. All because they had strong family connections backing them the whole time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:50 PM

It took 8 years for her to be a CPA?

Quoting MistressMonster:

The foster care system is already overloaded and understaffed funded as it is. There is no guarantee the child will be adopted at all. Your daughter needs support, not to have the door slammed in her face.

Oldest got pregnant her senior year. Our grandson was born a few months before her 18th birthday. Hubby and I talked about doing everything we could so the kids could graduate HS. Everyone took turns watching the baby while they were at school. That June they graduated with honours. Kiddo and Son-in-law are still together 8 years later. They've never had any public assistance etc. He has a great job in construction, she's almost done with school to be a CPA. All because they had strong family connections backing them the whole time.

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I’m adopted too and I could never give away my baby.
MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:55 PM

No it hasn't taken 8 years. She did 4 years of general classes and graduated with her general degree. Then applied to business school.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

It took 8 years for her to be a CPA?

Quoting MistressMonster:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she doesn't want to ever put her baby through that????
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Perhaps she just loves her baby and wants to raise it. That's how most people feel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my 6 year old at 19. I’m in my second year of lawschool and married to a wonderful man.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, even girls her age love their babies.

Quoting bmw29: Perhaps she just loves her baby and wants to raise it. That's how most people feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)