Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All the rape allegations Slight Edit

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:22 PM
  • 271 Replies
4 moms liked this

If your first thought after hearing "I was raped by ____" is "They're lying!", you're a part of the problem. Believe, support, and listen to victims. 

* Look at all these comments that focus on the accused instead of the victim. God help us. 

by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:24 PM
20 moms liked this
And if you automatically believe someone's accusation you're also part of the problem.
Quakercaoimhe
by Esperantisto on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. That's how you end rape culture, not contribute to it. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: And if you automatically believe someone's accusation you're also part of the problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:27 PM
6 moms liked this
I don't generally form opinions on things I have no information on. The accused and accusers deserve their day in court.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:27 PM
11 moms liked this
Here's the deal, you can't believe someone just because they accuse somebody of something. There are plenty of situations where people are falsely accused of things and their entire lives and careers are destroyed when they did nothing wrong. And then you have people who are actually victimized that never speak up. It's called evidence and admittance. Just because somebody comes out and says something happens to them, doesn't mean I have to believe it. And I wont. You need to prove it, or the person needs to admit it.

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Quoting Anonymous 1: And if you automatically believe someone's accusation you're also part of the problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly and I'm getting sick of how when a popularly liked person is accused it's automatically she's lying.  A lot of the alleged men have owned up to the assaults like the doctor who admitted to assaulting girls/women on the us gymnastics team and also at the university that he worked.  He's facing 25 years and that would have never happened if no one had said anything.  He would probably still be doing it if no one had spoken up.  So we shouldn't ever just automatically say they are lying without a proper investigation.

Quakercaoimhe
by Esperantisto on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I can believe and support victims with 0 evidence. I am not on a jury.  I am not a judge who sentences people. I will continue to believe and support victims, because doing so harms no one.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Here's the deal, you can't believe someone just because they accuse somebody of something. There are plenty of situations where people are falsely accused of things and their entire lives and careers are destroyed when they did nothing wrong. And then you have people who are actually victimized that never speak up. It's called evidence and admittance. Just because somebody comes out and says something happens to them, doesn't mean I have to believe it. And I wont. You need to prove it, or the person needs to admit it.
Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:30 PM
5 moms liked this
Iโ€™ll wait for evidence before forming my opinions.
2blessed2bitch
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:30 PM
Will do.
Quakercaoimhe
by Esperantisto on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

They never want to believe that wealthy and privileged men are usually monsters who abuse and manipulate people for their own personal gain. 

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Exactly and I'm getting sick of how when a popularly liked person is accused it's automatically she's lying.  A lot of the alleged men have owned up to the assaults like the doctor who admitted to assaulting girls/women on the us gymnastics team and also at the university that he worked.  He's facing 25 years and that would have never happened if no one had said anything.  He would probably still be doing it if no one had spoken up.  So we shouldn't ever just automatically say they are lying without a proper investigation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)