Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My family just got the invites and they're pi$$ed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 209 Replies
I was clear and concise in my wedding invitations. No Children Please.

We have a lot of kids in my family. I don't believe kids should be at weddings. It's my day. Don't like it? Don't come.

I've said that twice already over the phone to cousins who called and said they "always bring their kids to family events." I'm quite aware that the minions are always in tow. But not at my wedding.

I'm the first of this generation of cousins to get married and I won't let the aunts and grannies walk all over me.
I don't want kids at my wedding so there won't be kids at my wedding. Period.
This is going to be such a great thanksgiving. 😑
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:10 AM

I don't blame you. I'm getting married in May and the only kids allowed are MY kids who are 16, 17 and 8 who are in the ceremony and my 8 yr old will not be attending the reception.

redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:19 AM
4 moms liked this
I had a kid free wedding too and I support you. But be prepared for a lot of no shows and absolutely station door men to turn people that show up with kids anyway away.

A good compromise is set up a hired sitter at the venue in another room or at a nearby hotel room etc and tell them they can leave the kids there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people have a really hard time with that. I've only been to one wedding where there were kids there. I hope it all works out well for you. I think most kids would have more fun doing something else anyway.
2blessed2bitch
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this
They'll get over it. Their opinion of you may change forever though.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:25 AM
I didn't have children at my wedding either except for those in the wedding party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:25 AM
When people say no kids, what ages are we talking about?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Your wedding. Your choice. Nothing else to say about it 😊
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:26 AM
I don't blame you. I like kid free weddings so I'd be excited.
Idkmyscreenname
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:27 AM
2 moms liked this
My DD was mt aunts flower girl, DD refused to walk down the aisle without my aunt. So, DD ended up giving my aunt away. In the scene, struggle and delay, many children joined in and there were 10 kids running through the church, parents chasing, and my aunt and to be uncle, laughing their asses off. The kids stole the show.

You are either kid people or not, your day, your choice.
kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It doesn’t make sense to me to celebrate joining your families, and then exclude half of them. I’d leave my son home, but I’d probably respect you a lot less.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)