Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know you can't read this, but I am truly sad you are gone. I liked you. I liked the advice you gave people. You and I have had a couple conversations that meant the world to me. May you be flying with the Angels. 

by on Nov. 23, 2017 at 1:12 PM
Replies (191-200):
lancet98
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this

She was a very nice person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I really liked her also, shes the only friend on my friend list. She was a good lady.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 4:43 AM
She had copd. You can easily die from pneumonia with that disease.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Poor thing. ☹

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

I just remember being really affected by it because she was my age. I looked it up on Wikipedia. 

She died at the age of 12 of cardiac arrest and septic shock caused by a misdiagnosed intestinal stenosis in early February 1988.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I was thinking she had stomach cancer, but that's been so long ago that it's hard to remember. I do know it was some digestive tract issue. So, you may be right.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

I think that's what that little girl from Poltergeist died from 

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: She also said she was constipated. A bowel obstruction can do the same thing.

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

I read once that sepsis is often why people die from pneumonia, not that actual pnuemonia itself. I wonder if this was the case here.

Quoting honeyrder: You know, she was only two years older than me. People our age wouldn't usually end up in the hospital like that if there weren't another condition making the body unable to fight off the infection.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

I know she made one post about being in the hospital with it, but she seemed fine after that. 

Quoting honeyrder: She must have been ill for a long time before this episode of pneumonia. I never read where she complained though.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Well considering that there were death hoaxes here before I can understand the questioning. I believe this one because she just wasn't the type to fake something sick like this. 

Quoting honeyrder: Please take a Xanax. smdh

I went and found her Facebook and confirmed it was her because it's her profile pic on there. I think that the age is incorrect, and asked if she was sure. I didn't kill her. I thought she was nice like everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous 18: Are you serious that was her? Please move away from this post some of us are upset

Quoting honeyrder: She was 49? Are you sure? Who was the big lady in her avi?
Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

I wish I knew. There are no details other than she was 49. So young. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: :( oh no, how?

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

She passed away

Quoting Anonymous 1: Wait what happened what did I miss?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My brother died from sepsis. Waited too long to be treated.

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

No, it's an infection in the body that gets so bad it goes into the bloodstream and then all the organs start shutting down. My FIL had an infected kidney stone( and ignored it) . When he finally got rushed to the hospital weeks later, all his kidneys started shutting down. He did survive, but lots don't.

Quoting honeyrder: I thought that was caused by dirty conditions.

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

I read once that sepsis is often why people die from pneumonia, not that actual pnuemonia itself. I wonder if this was the case here.

Quoting honeyrder: You know, she was only two years older than me. People our age wouldn't usually end up in the hospital like that if there weren't another condition making the body unable to fight off the infection.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

I know she made one post about being in the hospital with it, but she seemed fine after that. 

Quoting honeyrder: She must have been ill for a long time before this episode of pneumonia. I never read where she complained though.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Well considering that there were death hoaxes here before I can understand the questioning. I believe this one because she just wasn't the type to fake something sick like this. 

I went and found her Facebook and confirmed it was her because it's her profile pic on there. I think that the age is incorrect, and asked if she was sure. I didn't kill her. I thought she was nice like everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous 18: Are you serious that was her? Please move away from this post some of us are upset

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

She passed away

ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Dec. 17, 2017 at 9:29 AM

I'm so sorry. 

Quoting Anonymous 36: My brother died from sepsis. Waited too long to be treated.
Quoting Meepandstitch2:

No, it's an infection in the body that gets so bad it goes into the bloodstream and then all the organs start shutting down. My FIL had an infected kidney stone( and ignored it) . When he finally got rushed to the hospital weeks later, all his kidneys started shutting down. He did survive, but lots don't.

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting honeyrder: Please take a Xanax. smdh I went and found her Facebook and confirmed it was her because it's her profile pic on there. I think that the age is incorrect, and asked if she was sure. I didn't kill her. I thought she was nice like everyone else.
Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

She passed away

Meepandstitch2
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM

I am so sorry. It's a lot more prevalent than people think.

Quoting Anonymous 36: My brother died from sepsis. Waited too long to be treated.
Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting honeyrder: Please take a Xanax. smdh I went and found her Facebook and confirmed it was her because it's her profile pic on there. I think that the age is incorrect, and asked if she was sure. I didn't kill her. I thought she was nice like everyone else.
Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

She passed away

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 5:20 PM
Thank you

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

I am so sorry. It's a lot more prevalent than people think.

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

She passed away

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 5:28 PM
Thank you. He was living with hid caregiver who neglected to take him in when he first started getting sick. I do have to say he was a hard headed ass sometimes and if he didnt want to go to the doctor theres nothing you could do yo convince him. However he was a quadropoligic so to me she could of picked him up and made him go.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

I'm so sorry. 

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

She passed away

ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:46 AM
I get it, I used to be that way until I got a tumor that nearly killed me. Then I took my health seriously.

Quoting Anonymous 36: Thank you. He was living with hid caregiver who neglected to take him in when he first started getting sick. I do have to say he was a hard headed ass sometimes and if he didnt want to go to the doctor theres nothing you could do yo convince him. However he was a quadropoligic so to me she could of picked him up and made him go.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

I'm so sorry. 

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

She passed away

Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm only in my 30s and had to battle sepsis in the hospital while pregnant. I was getting treated, but I kept vomiting up my antibiotics because I was pregnant. I was treated in the hospital for two weeks. I went from thinking I was going to die or lose my baby to being able to go home for a couple days, and then I had to go back to the hospital for the rest of my recovery because of still being unable to keep down my antibiotics. And, yeah. I was 33. And my living conditions were certainly not dirty.

I do think she must have had a weaker immune system than we knew, though. She had a really sweet heart, though. I agree with those that talk about looking out for her comments and having to remind myself she's gone. Her effect on my life was tangential at best, but the loss of her seems so direct.

I was in an "at my wit's end" point. I have a son on the spectrum. His hold on language isn't his strongest point, and it was even worse a couple years back. I was feeling panicked because he was to strong and mobile and I had to watch him like a hawk because he didn't listen what so ever. She was so nice to me. When I probably didn't deserve it, because I wasn't saying the nicest things about my son. She told me that no is probably the most confusing word to a guy like my son. That sometimes it means to get out of the bag of flour, and sometimes it means to stay next to me while we're walking through the parking lot, sometimes it means so on and so forth. I'd actually had people tell me to talk to him using words that tell him what I want him to do instead of what I don't want him to do. I'd taken parenting classes at Yale on how to work with him. But her words made the whole thing so accessible to me. Instead of chasing him around, like a crazy no-yelling lady, I could tell him what I did want him to do.

I'm sure this sounds stupid. It meant a lot to me, though. "No is probably the most confusing word. It means so many different things."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)