Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate being me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have Chronic fatigue Syndrome and RA plus ADHD-inattentive. I am always dead tired is the most fatigued worse way. My brain never can sit still, I'm always thinking and can't focus. So today my little family depends on me to cook and clean the kitchen, they will not help. So to get motivated I had a monster energy drink with 30mgs. of Adderral, and a double dose of my vitamin's that I take. Still feel no different. What is wrong with me! This is just unreal, most people would be bouncing of the walls! if they had what I did. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2017 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If your family wants to eat and I’m sure they know your situation, I would put their butts to work. As far as the caffeine intake, typically it has the opposite effect on people with ADHD and actually calms you but should still hope you focus. What vitamins are you taking? Omega 3, vitamin D, B12 and iron should help regarding energy levels. I think your lack of motivation and energy is partly due to depression because of your family’s lack of assistance and your conditions. Could writing a list of what things need to get done help to focus your mind?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Got the turkey done and then BAM! Migraine.

Take care of yourself mama!
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
How's your thyroid? When mine was overactive i felt tired but also wired af.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2017 at 3:38 PM

It's good, Iron levels are good.

Quoting PJMM: How's your thyroid? When mine was overactive i felt tired but also wired af.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 3:43 PM

IF they will not help I would not do it. Don't enable people to be assholes.

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 3:46 PM
Good
My kids know better than to refuse to help. The last time they pulled that I told him make your own damn dinner then idc. And so help me I didn't. Sometimes they'll be like mom can I just finish what I'm doing first and I'll say yes. They might grumble but they know they'd better do as they're told. If I'm tired I announce whoever doesn't help with dinner is cleaning. That motivates ods to cook. Yds will clean. Not perfectly but he does it. Stand your ground on this.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

It's good, Iron levels are good.

Quoting PJMM: How's your thyroid? When mine was overactive i felt tired but also wired af.

alicesamanita
by Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 4:14 PM
Multiple Sclerosis, Chronic pain and ADHD...40 mg of Adderall so far...luckily the turkey is done, but I'm not able to budge. I feel your pain!
alicesamanita
by Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 4:18 PM
Yeah, my thyroid is completely dead due to massive sepsis and my medication is gone. It's not right , anyway. Synthroid isn't doing the trick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 4:19 PM
Wow!

Motivation comes to mind...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 4:24 PM

I thought caffeine was not a stimulant for those who are ADHD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)